8 gallon dust extractor

Charliex

Bags are cheaper than filters so, while you probably CAN use one without the bag, you'll clog up your filter that much faster, which will cost you more in the long run.  If you're worried about the cost of bags adding up, you can always build yourself a cyclonic extractor to attach to your DC.  I love my dust deputy and haven't had to change out my DC bag once since I've bought it.

Is this the model that you are talking about. If so you can use it without the bags. But 35 bucks for 5 bags is a lot cheaper then to replace the Hepa and main filter at 150 bucks. The Hepa filter is so fine it will plug up fast. If you are going to spend 600 bucks protect your investment buy the bags.

milwaukee-dust-collectors-air-filtration-8960-20-64_1000.thumb.jpg.f4fc7dd3b099915bf929d6e4b132d20e.jpg

• Like 2

here is a way to make single use bags reusable. 

Those aren't my pictures but I've done this hack. I use it mostly for saw dust and as long as you wrap the dowel a couple time and clamp it, I dont have any escaping dust. If anything did escape it would be pretty minimal and I would say just add another clip. 

p1080310.jpg

p1080311.jpg

• Like 1