MMiller

Angle Grinder - Suggestions?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new angle grinder.

Should be used to grind metals and clean weld seams.

Really like the Bosch cordless grinders but don't have experience with battery powered angle grinders.

See here:

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-angle-grinders-35699-c/

Does anyone have experience with the Bosch Tools or any other suggestions?

Marcus

not sure about bosch grinders for cordless I do have a Milwaukee Fuel grinder and coupled with a 9.0ah battery I can't be any happier....here is a shot 3 stages up on scaffolding grinding cement window openings......don't even realize it has a battery.... 

20170917_151235.thumb.jpg.ebd461832110e58e8d9000856ea37dbc.jpg

Honestly any top brand's grinder is going to be good. Metabo is considered the best but you can''t go wrong with any other high end grinder from Makita, Milwaukee, either voltages of Dewalt, Bosch. Since you're in the Bosch lineup, I'd go with that. Though, if you're heavy handed the Flexvolt Dewalt will be the hardest to bog down, followed by the Milwaukee Fuel and Makita X2 grinder.

I personally wouldn't buy into Flexvolt because it has limited tools that are developed for that specific platform and it's a big battery to use for 20V stuff, so you'll probably end up buying 20V batteries. I like the Milwaukee line personally, it's a large line with basically any tool you could use. Makita is my second favorite, good build quality, good lineup and the X2 series is soo smart that I'm surprised everyone hasn't ripped it off. Dewalt also loses their advantage of availability since Flexvolt is still limited to certain stores. Also, I wouldn't buy into the Metabo line due to a small line of tools.

• Like 1

A good corded grinder if you do not already have one. They are lighter and smaller but still powerfull compared to the battery brushless version.