For the 18V power tools lithium battery, if the 20700 or 21700 cells will be in common use?

KiWiQQ

I noted that there already have some big brands used the 20700cells for their power tools battery, like Metabo LIHD, Bosch core/ProCore, DeWalt FlexVolt, so if the 20700 / 21700 cells will become a tendency? Or they just wanna give users more options, because of the 18650 cells still can meet requirement.

Man, Makita coming out with these new batteries will give me "reason" to replace my DHR264 (XHR05) with the upcoming DHR280. Even though with two twin chargers and 8 5Ah batteries I have no problems chiseling all day with it.

On 2018/4/13 at 9:45 PM, DR99 said:

To get the higher amp hours in the pack they had to move to larger cells. Probably battery packs with 18650 cells will be phased out eventually

But as I know, the 20700 or 21700 cells cost is higher than 18650 cells, btw, have you ever used the power tools batteries with 20700 / 21700 cells inside?

On 2018/4/14 at 1:55 AM, aessu said:

Man, Makita coming out with these new batteries will give me "reason" to replace my DHR264 (XHR05) with the upcoming DHR280. Even though with two twin chargers and 8 5Ah batteries I have no problems chiseling all day with it.

Their 6Ah can not meet your requirement? I also confuse why does Makita still have not higher capacity battery pack (more than 6Ah), I ever heard of some rumor about they will release new pack which use 20700 cells, but for now still have not been confirmed.

11 hours ago, KiWiQQ said:

Their 6Ah can not meet your requirement? I also confuse why does Makita still have not higher capacity battery pack (more than 6Ah), I ever heard of some rumor about they will release new pack which use 20700 cells, but for now still have not been confirmed.

Even the 5Ah ones are fine, to be honest. Its just once you get used to something, you always want more. If the new batteries with bigger cells cant fit my current tools, thats kinda a reason. Kinda.