M18 Fuel Hackzall ?

SevenOddosFence

So, I had the non-FUEL M12 hackzall and it was fine for PVC pipe, but that was about it; I was disappointed trying to cut tree branches. Then I stepped up to non-FUEL M18 and was very pleased. They recently had a good deal on the FUEL M12 and getting a free bare tool, so I did that and liked it so much I sold my M18. I would only guess the FUEL M18 is badass, but I haven’t used it to know. My only “complaint” with the m12 is I just don’t have that many batteries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

anyone here have the new M18 Fuel Hackzall ? If so is it worth it ? I use hackzalls all the time and love my M12 Fuel ones. 

Phil!!! How the heck are you bro!?!? Nope don’t have it but I have been very tempted to get it. I really like the non Fuel first gen I had like five or 6 years ago. Actually it was the only Milwaukee tool that I really liked at the time (opinion SLIGHTLY changing)

• Like 1

I have one as well as the fuel sawzall, gen1 hackzall, and a m12 fuel hackall.  Winter is our slow time so I haven't got to use it a lot but I would say the m18 fuel hackzall is my favorite.  It's definately more powerful than the m12 fuel but it's also a quit a bit bigger.  As far as that goes it's a bit bigger than the gen 1 hackzall as well but slightly more powerful and it's brushless so I would assume it has better run time but like I said I haven't really got to use it much.  It's hard to say if it's really that much better to justify buying it, I guess it depends what your doing with it.  In my case I have a tool problem and just had to have the newest one.

20180421_133022.jpg

• Like 3

Yea it's still very comfortable as a one handed saw but it's not as compact as you would think.  When you see it by itself it looks like they shaved some size off it which they did in some places.  But it's still bigger than the gen 1 almost like it's not as wide but they stretched it out and now it's longer.

• Like 1

But it also has that pivoting shoe. Does the shoe telescope too or is it fixed in place like the original? I will admit my only real gripe from the original had to deal with the fact that it didn’t pivot. That’s really useful when you are working.

• Like 1

Pivoting shoe but no telescoping so yep that's one thing it has over the other hackzalls.  If I were in the market for one I would definately pick the m18 fuel or if it was a tool I used heavily everyday maybe it's worth the upgade.  I just don't know if I would say it's lightyears ahead of the brushed where it's like you have to upgrade.

• Like 1

I have two M12 NON Fuels both shit the bed , I have 3 M12 Fuels and 1 shit the bed , I have the M18 Non Fuel and the battery keeps dismounting so Im torn If I want to get another. I do use them a good amount but overall more of mine are broke then not broke and I hate having to mail tools in and then find out stuff isnt covered. Been seriously thinking of going back to Ridgid.