Big event coming

Framer joe

I guess a m12 1/2 impact wrench was something I hadn't given much thought about, I just hope they make it smaller.  The current m12 model is a quite a bit longer than the m18.  I was hoping for the gen 2 impact driver size but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they release.

I don't really see it as catchup because Milwaukee still has a ton of stuff Dewalt doesn't...the 21700 cells aren't really catchup because Dewalt just came out with them, I haven't seen them in stores. Milwaukee could have announced it first but they waited a month for their event...that's more semantics than catchup.

I'm sure there will be some tools that have been released by other manufacturers first but Milwaukee tends to also release things that no one has thought of bringing to market.

New bags/totes.

Packout with drawers.

Jigsaws PLEASE!

M12 Surge maybe?

M12 Fuel gen 2 screwgun

Updated m12 rotary tool

Plumbing and automotive tools have been a theme the past few years

Outside the box:

M18 Power hammer (like an air hammer) and/or other pneumatic replacement tools for metal work

Surge impact wrenches?

Torque wrenches

That’s my point; let’s see other stuff that other brands don’t have. Let’s see “disruptive innovation”. Cool stuff like the transfer pump, compact inflator, etc. that I can’t get in yellow, teal, etc. instead of making such a big push into areas they aren’t traditionally any good at. If they want to push into woodworking then I’ll be looking forward to NPS’21 when they get all the bugs out. Maybe I’m getting old and jaded, or I’m spoiled by having multiple brands of batteries but seeing an inferior red version of a product doesn’t excite me as much as seeing something Milwaukee does really well being updated to be even further ahead of the curve. 

Let’s not pretend Milwaukee hasn’t had their fair share of announcements-of-announcements. One Key being hyped to hell and back, and waiting basically a year for the 9.0. Their foray into woodworking has had one quality tool; the compact mitre, maybe their new sander. The idea of them making a table saw instills me with no confidence at all. I say this as someone who bought a gen 1 M18 blower and someone who was initially excited for the Fuel nailers. 

Gen 2 Hawgs or a new super Sawzall or stuff no one else has done better would be more exciting to me than any new M18 woodworking tools. Hopefully lots of M12 refreshes; the 12v segment is one of the things Milwaukee does right. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see a subcompact 18v line of tools with the size of gen 2 m12 but  with more power and use of m18 batteries. Makita had the right idea with subcompact but lacked in performance when compared to gen 2 m12.

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

That’s my point; let’s see other stuff that other brands don’t have. Let’s see “disruptive innovation”. Cool stuff like the transfer pump, compact inflator, etc. that I can’t get in yellow, teal, etc. instead of making such a big push into areas they aren’t traditionally any good at. If they want to push into woodworking then I’ll be looking forward to NPS’21 when they get all the bugs out. Maybe I’m getting old and jaded, or I’m spoiled by having multiple brands of batteries but seeing an inferior red version of a product doesn’t excite me as much as seeing something Milwaukee does really well being updated to be even further ahead of the curve. 

Let’s not pretend Milwaukee hasn’t had their fair share of announcements-of-announcements. One Key being hyped to hell and back, and waiting basically a year for the 9.0. Their foray into woodworking has had one quality tool; the compact mitre, maybe their new sander. The idea of them making a table saw instills me with no confidence at all. I say this as someone who bought a gen 1 M18 blower and someone who was initially excited for the Fuel nailers. 

Gen 2 Hawgs or a new super Sawzall or stuff no one else has done better would be more exciting to me than any new M18 woodworking tools. Hopefully lots of M12 refreshes; the 12v segment is one of the things Milwaukee does right. 

Hear hear! I now have two 9.0 batteries, a fast charger, the transfer pump and the miter. Not interested in too much else but all specific tools that I think will help me out where others may be lacking. I am still I terested in the Makita miter but the Milwaukee seems really nice though I have not used it yet. I will do so this weekend for an outdoor project specifically why I got it, size and weight and compactness.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, regopit said:

lets see if this makes it here this year

Milwaukee-M12-Fuel-FPDX-sub-compact-hammer-drill-with-removable-chucks.jpg.cbe31cdf721697a74d7deb01a9ab4ba7.jpg

That offset head or eccentric chuck that Festool calls it, is the most useful thing you can have on a drill. Absolutely awesome.

Gen 3 impact is .05” smaller than Makita lol. Table saw looks like a red copy/paste of FlexVolt; same blade size, same fence (good decision on rack and pinion). 9” grinder looks wild, and a 1” impact wrench lol. Pretty impressed so far with what I’ve seen. 

So nothing out of this world....12ah..same table saw.as Dewalt...Super sawzall? Have to see the reviews, probably will be the best ever, but heavy...no way the new circ saw comes close to the 575 especially the 577....surprised they didn’t do a rear handle saw...is metabo’s grinder a 9” ? ....1” impact? That’s the first.......game changer , nah ,but some cool tools, 

• Like 1

I was right about no new battery platform and I was a bit skeptical about the updated batteries but so far it seems like it is performing well. A lot of the new stuff was expected but those jigsaw were updated out of the blue. I don't think anyone saw them coming.

• Like 1

New circ saw allegedly more powerful than the 575, but can’t say if they ran a 6.0 or a 9.0 FlexVolt pack on it. 12.0 will have something to say as well.

Somewhat affordable hybrid Rocket light and new Fuel backpack vac, D handle and barrel grip jig saws have me pretty excited!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

A lot of the new stuff was expected but those jigsaw were updated out of the blue. I don't think anyone saw them coming.

What did you see about Milwaukee updating their Jigsaws? I was hoping they would have done it last year.  They are still missing a cordless router.

The gen 3 impact is nice and all but do I really need more power in an impact driver? My 1800 in/lb DeWALT does everything I need it to. I would much rather Milwaukee go in the direction as Makita for impacts. I would rather have more control/finesse/specialty modes than MORE POWA! tm. Just about everyone is going the multi led route on impact drivers. Was disappointing Milwaukee didn't. The speed and size reduction are excellent though. Seems like the gen 3 has Makita speed now. Maybe even more. I thought the Gen 3 hammer drill driver was impressive. I'd like to see the rpm and power numbers. Milwaukee claims faster speed but is it the 3000+rpm you get with some of the premium German brands?

2 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

What did you see about Milwaukee updating their Jigsaws? I was hoping they would have done it last year.  They are still missing a cordless router.

Yeah they announced 2 new fuel jigsaws. One d handle and one barrel grip. They look nice. I never saw anything about new jigsaws before today. It caught me by surprise.

• Like 1

The new drills are on milwaukeetool.com and it says 60% more power and 2x faster under heavy load but the specs are 1200ft/lbs and 2000rpm which is identical to the gen2 so I'm not sure how they're comparing. 

I'm also kind of over the impact driver war but smaller is always better and it's only a matter of time before I own one.  I still hope they expand on the surge, plenty of power for 90% of the fastners I use and it's much quieter.

• Like 1