DW733 Thickness Planer

cliu

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I was in the market for a thickness planer and someone on Craigslist has this for sale. It comes with the thickness planer and a stand and he is asking for $230. From the pictures it looks to be in great condition. Of course the guy has to live out in the middle of no where so it'll take me almost 1.5 hours to get there 😑.

I have a friend that owns the 734 which I assume is just the newer version of this planer, he likes it and it does a good job from what I have seen. This sounds like a decent deal if it works, is in good condition, and you can get parts for it should you need them.

Something to consider, if you want new instead of used you could get a similar style planer from Cutech for $9 more than the Dewalt currently with free shipping. I have this planer but haven't put it to use yet since winter was cold (no heat in the "shop") and I've been swamped with work since it arrived, I mainly bought it based on the reviews of their jointers that I saw. 

Here's a link to some more info on Cutech http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/cutech-tool-meet-new-kid-block/