best tool dewalt has came out with...

framer

I bought one a couple of weeks ago but have only used the battery so far.  I was comparing the display to the 575 yesterday and am glad I got the one I did.  Though I'll likely pick up a 575 eventually, I've already got brushless Ridgid and Fuel saws if I want something lighter.  

1 hour ago, BigTuras said:

If only the baby miter had double bevel then it would be perfect.  I don't need the big one but hate trying to figure out the angles when having to reverse things. 

Stop telling your self that.😂

You NEED the big one 💪💰

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I find it hard to argue against the 7 1/4" miter as well, it's very high up the list for most used for me and does a great job. 

I have two, with plans to set one up for finish work and the other for rougher cuts.  The smaller miter saw is great, as it is much more portable than the FV.  I plan to buy a DWX726 rolling stand for the FV, while my DWX725 work stands are perfect for the small saws.

All that said, I agree with Babysaw that the FlexVolt battery is perhaps the best innovation in recent years.  It allowed the creation of truly different tools in terms of power, which other manufacturers have struggled to emulate.  Meanwhile, it permitted DeWalt to cross into new territory capacity-wise, while not simply relegating its larger Ah packs to 18v-class tools.  In other words, I can put my 9Ah FV pack on an impact if I absolutely need the runtime, but during the 99% of the time I don't, that hefty battery can reside on the tablesaw instead.  The fact that I can't run that tablesaw with a 20v pack is a non-issue for me.

DeWalt has its detractors, but I don't believe that anyone can objectively debase the fact that FlexVolt was/is a game changer.

• Like 2

Agree...Flexvolt changed everything...every manufacturer had to do something to compete. ....For tools, for construction /framing, the 575 and especially the 577...made cordless tools actually better then corded counterparts...it’s a dream to use the 575 and 577, all day everyday with no cords. ...waited 30yrs for this..

and now with the 12ah it may last all day....

• Like 3

I would have to say Tough System in particular the wall rack is one of DeWALT's best tools. I really like being able to organize most of my tools in modular boxes which means I have a place for everything instead of having stuff thrown in a box with zero organization. The boxes are stackable and fit on racks for added storage, organization, and mobility. The wall rack not only allows my tools to have a place but all the boxes the tools are stored in to have a place without adding mess to my garage. Also the wall rack is efficient. If I need to grab a box real quick for work or something I go to the rack slide the box I need off and put it in the vehicle. No need to take other boxes off a stack because any box can come off the rack no matter what position it is on the rack. When I am ready to return the box I slide it back onto the rack and it is out of my way and organized. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, D W said:

The 20V Hedge Trimmer is outstanding

Seconded.  For my needs, all of the 20v Max OPE is perfect.  I haven't tried the mower yet, it may suffice until I retire but I need a rider for my acre in South Louisiana.  It gets a bit too warm to push mow my yard.

• Like 2