1 gallon sprayer

builditguy

Picked up the 1 gallon sprayer and thought I would give it a quick review.

First off, I looked online, today, and saw that the 1 gallon sprayer is now $40 and I just paid $70.  They now have a 2 gallon sprayer, online, not available yet, for $70.  So, obviously, wait for the 2 gallon, for the same price.

The sprayer doesn't have much power.  It will work fine on a very small yard, but other than that, I would skip it.  It works as advertised and it is easier than pumping up a sprayer, but I wasn't impressed.

On my sprayers, I drill a 1/2" hole and install a tire valve.  Then I use an air compressor to pump up the pressure.  Works great, but you can over pressure the tank and collapse the plunger, if it's plastic.  The other downside is that you have to go back to the compressor, fairly often.

You could always go with the 4 gallon, backpack sprayer if you've got a big yard.

I'm not sure powered pump sprayers are supposed to put out a high pressure spray that'll compete with a compressor.  How far does the Ryobi sprayer you've got shoot the stream?  The aa cell powered disposable sprayers you get on bug spray bottles will shoot like 6-7', which is really good enough for most of where I need to spray.