Makita 4 in 1 drill

Marcv76

I thought this was a neat idea. Its a 4 in 1 drill/Hammer/driver/impact. I don't expect it to be better than any of the single function drills or impacts, but as a all in one that you can throw in a toolbox for maintenance seems like it would work well. 

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XPT02Z

image.thumb.png.49705c5713051c916858fc71120bcb97.png

• Like 2

Brilliant!

I often drill with my impact driver and it would be good to turn the impacts off, yet have the speed of an impact for drilling, and it looks like this tool offers just that. I would probably not use it for masonary drilling as it will involve getting new drill bits with the 1/4"shafts that still won't stand up to a rotary hammer.

I certainly like the direction they are going with this.

Looks great. That's innovative alright. I'd be interested in one for sure. Add a Bosch style 1/2 inch square + 1/4 inch hex chuck and it could be the ultimate driving tool! 

Pretty great looking idea. I wonder how well their electronic clutch works. Milwaukee’s m12 drill with electronic clutch can allow over torque at high rpm. Bosch’s dds183 and HDS183 use a combination of mechanical and electronic clutch which is very consistent regardless of rpm. This makita in the video seems to drill really fast in masonry for a hammer drill. I like the really high rpm it offers in drilling modes. 

6 hours ago, XTsallaD said:

Pretty great looking idea. I wonder how well their electronic clutch works. Milwaukee’s m12 drill with electronic clutch can allow over torque at high rpm. Bosch’s dds183 and HDS183 use a combination of mechanical and electronic clutch which is very consistent regardless of rpm. This makita in the video seems to drill really fast in masonry for a hammer drill. I like the really high rpm it offers in drilling modes. 

The electronic clutch is far better. I have this bl Makita drill. It’s a very nice unit 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There was a brushed version a while back but, the BL version has as mentioned been out a good few years.

I have a pair of them, and they’ve been very good tools. The overload cut out is quite sensitive though, well at least on mine which are a few years old now. It’s not a regular issue, and only seems to be on the faster speed. Nice little drills though, I bought chucks for mine when I bought them. 

Surprised they weren’t more popular.