One+ Pin Nailer and Narrow Crown Stapler

fm2176

So, I stopped into my semi-local HD this morning in hopes of scoring a third Ridgid cordless router.  The one I left two weeks ago was gone, though, so I settled for a $50 Milwaukee Rover light and a few pairs of clearance eye protection.  My plan is to have both eye pro and ear pro (picked up four sets of Holmes ear muffs a week or so ago) near at hand for all of my bench tools once I set up my shop--either in a couple of months or worst case when I move back to my house after retirement.  Coupled with what I already own and what the Army has issued me (which I get to keep as it can't be reused), I should be set on PPE for life, to include gloves but with the possible exception of face shields.  I picked up the last 3Ah Ryobi starter kit and tried to justify buying it, but I just don't need anything I'd have gotten for free right now, and put it back for someone who needs it more.  If I need the drain auger or another tool I don't have in the next two weeks, I'll take advantage of the Ryobi Days special then.

Anyway, I came close to buying another Green tool.  I noticed this particular store carries the pin nailer and narrow crown stapler, both of which would be of quite some use in the coming months, as I actually undertake projects instead of simply amassing tools.  At $129 for the bare tool pin nailer, and $139 for the stapler, though, I decided to wait for the time being.  A promo or sale is sure to pop up eventually.  The cordless brad nailer is on sal for $99 now, which is tempting, but in a rare moment of discipline, I decided to pass in favor of my pneumatic DeWalt, especially since I power it with the cordless Ridgid compressor (I have a DeWalt pancake compressor that has yet to even be plugged in...one of these days...).

All of that rambling leads me to my question: have any of you used the Ryobi One+ cordless pin nailer or narrow crown stapler?  Are they worth it for DIY/handyman work, or should I look toward pneumatic alternatives to use with the Ridgid and/or DeWalt compressors?  I have the DeWalt 16 gauge finish nailer and like it for everything besides its price, but now that I'm invested in Ryobi I like the concept of saving money for future fastening tool purchases.

I've got both and can recommend them without reservation.  They're of course larger and heavier than their pneumatic counterparts, but I've never had trouble with either sinking pins/staples even into oak.  Zero problems here, so I'd say go for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, khariV said:

I've got both and can recommend them without reservation.  They're of course larger and heavier than their pneumatic counterparts, but I've never had trouble with either sinking pins/staples even into oak.  Zero problems here, so I'd say go for it.

Good to know.  Thanks for the input, I'll probably be buying both in the near future.

• 1 month later...