New rafter hook?

builditguy

I had to rip a 2” drop through the span of a 20 foot glu lam today with my 575. Fresh demo demon blade, took a full dcb606 to 1 bar, which is when I change em. It went as fast as I could follow my line. 

Talkin bout this or that 20v saw when you can run a flex is like talking about still using a drill once impacts became norm. 

Cmon meow. 

It’s like talking about using a screwdriver when drills became the norm.

Two anecdotes; my 577 came today. So far so good. Got a parcel from Dewalt yesterday. I had emailed them inquiring about what they could do for us early adopters with no rafter hook on our 575s now that they have an updated model. The parcel they sent me...is a rafter hook. Of course, it doesn’t fit the body of my OG 575, but...I guess I’m still fairly impressed that they at least tried to help and didn’t charge me for it lol. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

And why did he decide it was junk?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

His complaint was the lack of torque on start-up.  Same as my lead guy.  They both said the saw does great, until it gets slightly bogged down.  Then you can't back up a little and keep going.  You almost have to take the saw, out of the cut, wait for the blade to get up to rpm, and then start over.  It can't even get back up to rpm when you just stop cutting and wait for the rpm to build up.

With the 6 1/2 you can either stop pushing and it will quickly get back up to rpm or you can back up, slightly, and it will get back up to rpm, quickly.

His complaint was the lack of torque on start-up.  Same as my lead guy.  They both said the saw does great, until it gets slightly bogged down.  Then you can't back up a little and keep going.  You almost have to take the saw, out of the cut, wait for the blade to get up to rpm, and then start over.  It can't even get back up to rpm when you just stop cutting and wait for the rpm to build up.

With the 6 1/2 you can either stop pushing and it will quickly get back up to rpm or you can back up, slightly, and it will get back up to rpm, quickly.

A flexvolt battery helps out a whole bunch. It helps out the 20vmiter saw too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1