Needing suggestions

EHinojos75

5 hours ago, EHinojos75 said:

So I recently had all of my DeWalt Power Tools taken and I guess I’m wanting to know where’s a good place to look to get some replacements? 

Sorry to hear about this.  Did you have any kind of insurance on the tools?  Some homeowners policies cover a percentage of personal property stored away from the insured property, if that helps.

You can find used DeWalt tools at flea markets or pawn shops, but prices can be hit or miss.  Depending on what you need and your budget, you could get a decent setup for around $500,  by buying a Father's Day special at Home Depot (there are a few up to the $499 kit in a Tough System case).  Personally, for around the same price, I'd look into a drill and impact kit with two batteries, then head to Lowe's to take advantage of their free 6.0Ah battery promo, buying a brushless circular saw and a brushless compact reciprocating saw to get two high capacity batteries.  You might have to make separate purchases to qualify for the promo.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, EHinojos75 said:

So I recently had all of my DeWalt Power Tools taken and I guess I’m wanting to know where’s a good place to look to get some replacements? 

Are you looking to stick with DeWALT or go with a different brand? Usually you can find deals on DeWALT just about anywhere. 

I haven't seen many good deals right now. Some average free bare tool deals. You will find a lot of ope deals this time of year. Last year seemed to have better deals in the fall. I seen there was three decent kits from DeWALT if you are interested. ToolGuyd did a post on them. He kinda gave his thoughts on each one. https://toolguyd.com/best-dewalt-20v-cordless-power-tool-combo-kit-right-now/ I thought the 1st kit was the better deal. With it being a 7 tool kit it also came with a ToughSystem box and a third battery. Also a couple of the tools you get were brushless.

I personally think Milwaukee has the best deals even with less distribution and the larger lines are nice.

I second the pawn shop thing, also FB marketplace, letgo, offerup and craigslist...plenty of high end stuff around me. A lot of near new items. On eBay, new in packaging batteries are super cheap on eBay, Dewalt might be the same.