Time Off?

fm2176

So, what do all of you do during your time off?  I'm currently on leave and trying to find stuff to stay occupied with until I start moving next week.  The in-laws' house needs a lot of work but unfortunately my father-in-law is slipping into dementia, meaning that almost anything I do to improve the house is met with disapproval as it's not how he remembers it.  I've been trying to do a few things here and there but major work will have to wait until the inevitable.

• Like 1

Hang out with my Wife and Son, work in the shop, yard work, hike, play bf4, work on the house, ATV. I’m kind of a homebody but I love time with my family. We are starting to take my Son out a lot so we are going all over the place. Today will be a shop day for the morning though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Hang out with my Wife and Son, work in the shop, yard work, hike, play bf4, work on the house, ATV. I’m kind of a homebody but I love time with my family. We are starting to take my Son out a lot so we are going all over the place. Today will be a shop day for the morning though.

BF4, the last great BF game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M80 said:

Time off? What's that?

Something I got very little of over the past two years.  Waking up at 0330 or 0400 six if not seven days a week and working until 2000-2130 got old quick, especially when I got stuck with 24-hour duty on weekends.  Seriously, being a Drill Sergeant with a taste for adult beverages isn't good...I found myself so discombobulated when I got a rare day off that I'd often just start drinking at 0500 and alternate booze and naps all day.  🍺

That was then, this is now, and I got the kids to the pool today, played outside with my more active daughter, and tinkered with the lawn mower a bit more.  This past week has seen me drinking an inordinate amount of diet root beer as I ween myself off of alcohol and massive amounts of caffeine.  

As for BF4, I assume you're playing Battlefield?  Haven't played that myself, I occasionally play the remastered Final Fantasy X and go on a GTA5 rampage, but I suck at most other games, especially when playing against human opponents.

8 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Dude. Ain’t that the truth? I just came in from the pool, played a game and am now grilling. I want to ply some more. That game is addictive.

I bought an XB1 on day one to play BF4, BF3 and BF4 are really the only games I've played and enjoyed since I was a teenager. I have a ridiculous amount of hours in both those games and am embarrassingly good at them. Too bad they completely changed the direction of the games, probably for the best for my spare time. I haven't played much in the past year and I feel like I get a lot more done haha.

• Like 1

Hang out with the kids and wife, do things around the house, yard work, and attempt to build things out of wood and hope they dont fall apart. I also play pool and have been binge watching one piece of crunchy roll. i managed to watch the entire series all 840 episodes. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...