Ridgid Jobsite Table Saw

collegedave

This is my first post here. Hello all.

So I have a the Ridgid jobsite saw that is on the folding stand (R4513 I believe).  Until now, I have been really happy with it--It seemed to have a high degree of accuracy and portability / space saving ability. I would consider myself an avid DIY'er with a budding interest in woodworking and cabinet making.  Anyway, I am currently building a vanity to go in a bathroom I am renovating in my house.  Over the weekend the blade height adjustment wheel on my saw was getting quite hard to rotate, and while I was trying to lower the blade it stopped and it appears to have stripped or something as now I cannot move the blade, but the adjustment wheel moves.  I only use this saw when the whether is warm, when I am done, I vacuum it, and I store it in a garage so there is NO rust on it.  Given my limited use of the saw, I do not think the blade height adjustment should break...ever.  I believe there is a design flaw here as the knob to move the metal gearing in saw is plastic.  

I have the saw registered under the lifetime service agreement, but the Home Depot here told me the earliest I could expect them to be done repairing the saw is 5 weeks!   To me, that is an unreasonable amount of time.  I want to get the saw fixed, sell it, and buy a new saw, and I would like suggestions from this group.  

I am considering the DeWalt jobsite saw, Hitachi, Bosch, and the Delta Hybrid saw that is sold at Lowe's.

I am leaning towards the DeWalt, as reviewers really like the rip fence...its size is a plus as it is portable and negative as it has such a small work surface.  A part of me wants to get the Delta, but of course then, I don't have a portable saw, and it is really big for a garage workshop.

Thank you in advance for your responses, and I am interested to hear your advice.  

Collegedave