Latest Rep Gossip

dilloncorr

So I spoke with a rep late last week about upcoming tools as my company is considering buying into a new battery lines. Thought I would pass along the gossip that they let loose and see what the insiders here had to say... or not say.... 

I asked about bout the next version of the power station (since we bought recently- must be time for a new mode!). The reps (4) said that there is NOT a new version coming any time soon and they stopped Developement on a multi-output outlet design. 4 port fast charger only this summer/fall.

New version with minor changes to framing nailer.

More tough system options- but they didn’t have a cooler with them so they could have been referencing this. 

Battery powered full size shop vac, they didn’t know any details (even voltage).

Bigger blade concrete saw, timing unknown. 

More lighting options.

12 AH kits

Accessories “out the wazoo” (not sure how to spell that last one...)

At least one “Big surprise”. 

Honestly it it seemed like they were trying to make it seem like they have exciting stuff coming but seemed underwhelmed themselves.

• Like 1

Hopefully the big surprise isn’t the cordless router that seems to be an open secret. 

12 ah kits will be nice. 

That alleged shop vac better be 120v Max and use the mitre adapter now that the dream of a table saw seems to have gotten the Old Yeller treatment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bremon said:

Hopefully the big surprise isn’t the cordless router that seems to be an open secret. 

12 ah kits will be nice. 

That alleged shop vac better be 120v Max and use the mitre adapter now that the dream of a table saw seems to have gotten the Old Yeller treatment.

Say again? Cordless router on the horizon?

It’s been mentioned here and there on the internet for weeks if not months by people who are well connected that a cordless router is coming. That’s been in many responses to complaints of a nice teal router with no yellow alternative.

10” 60v mitre and 10” 120v hybrid table saw are both dead in the water from what I’ve read due to new regulations on table size for both tools relative to blade size. A 10” would be a full size table saw rather than a 10” compact and the regulations are why the cordless 10”’ Makita is a fat pig like the FlexVolt lol. 

41 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

There is an updated 33° coming too.

Travis
@TOOLSbyDesign

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty pumped to see that update. I’m sure many will be pleased to be able to fire full head nails out of a Dewalt with this thing though. Code doesn’t care about clipped here though; we don’t have to batten down the hatches on a regular basis. 

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

It’s been mentioned here and there on the internet for weeks if not months by people who are well connected that a cordless router is coming. That’s been in many responses to complaints of a nice teal router with no yellow alternative.

It’s not far away my Dewalt rep told me,

Hopefully if they’re really doing a cordless router it will be a Felxvolt design (and therefore less compact than the Makita), prompting Makita to release a larger cordless router of their own. I love the Makita compact but would also like it if they had a bigger model.

Hopefully if they’re really doing a cordless router it will be a Felxvolt design (and therefore less compact than the Makita), prompting Makita to release a larger cordless router of their own. I love the Makita compact but would also like it if they had a bigger model.
It would cool to see a flexvolt router table and 20v compact

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk