Latest Rep Gossip

dilloncorr

Does anyone know if dewalt have a new 20v mitre day in the works? Have the flexvolt but some days you don’t need to big boy and i feel the current 20v mitre is pretty average. Even considered buying into red for there 7 and a quarter but would rather stay in one platform

Does anyone know if dewalt have a new 20v mitre day in the works? Have the flexvolt but some days you don’t need to big boy and i feel the current 20v mitre is pretty average. Even considered buying into red for there 7 and a quarter but would rather stay in one platform
Not until beginning of 2019. That's the word on the streets from what I heard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Anyone notice the noise of this saw? I tried the 20v miter the other day for the first time and it is almost a squeal when it cuts. It is louder than most saws. Hopefully DeWALT can fix this problem with the brushless version.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:46 PM, kornomaniac said:

No nothing yet sorry :) was discussing with the deWalt rep what tools to stock up on for our deWalt display when he mentioned keeping some space for new stuff coming in September event in Belgium.  Only would tell me about jigsaws :)

How big a space did he say and what kind of space?  If the space allotted for new stuff is lots of shelf space then it might be an indication that the new brushless 12v is coming sooner than we expect? or lots of floor space might mean new larger tools like a flex vac or 10 in flex table saw?

11 hours ago, Jronman said:

How big a space did he say and what kind of space?  If the space allotted for new stuff is lots of shelf space then it might be an indication that the new brushless 12v is coming sooner than we expect? or lots of floor space might mean new larger tools like a flex vac or 10 in flex table saw?

Nothing so in detail. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, joemontague said:

Awesome so dewalt has some new brushless jigsaw coming

I'll never understand why this, of all tools, would be a priority over obvious missing tools in the lineup. It's literally the last tool that needs to be brushless. 

• Like 1

I'll never understand why this, of all tools, would be a priority over obvious missing tools in the lineup. It's literally the last tool that needs to be brushless. 

I disagree. The current DeWalt jigsaw is very lacking and has not been changed a bit from its release around 2005 except for the battery mount to 20v.

An updated design and barrel grip are desperately needed.

• Like 2

I agree with Hugh on this one.   I use the jig saw a lot and don't feel it has any real weakness.  Maybe add a light and better bevel adjustment but that wouldn't be enough to make me upgrade.  I'm not into the barrel grip but understand if that is what you are used to it would be nice.  What do you feel it is lacking?

• Like 1

The price of it, here at least, is ridiculous. I bought my barrel grip brushless Makita for the same price. It’s an antique. It should be priced like an antique. I’ll be happy to buy a brushless tool that I feel justifies the price, so I’ll eventually have a pair of XR jigsaws and probably sell the Makita. 

Now that we’ve got the cordless sander and router (assuming rumors are true). What other tools would you guys like to see cut the cord?  I know it’s more of a speciality tool but I’d love to see a brushless biscuit jointer, FV or 20V, I’m not  that picky.
Makita has their cordless 18v biscuit joiner. Definitely doesn't need to be 60v. A 20v biscuit would be a handy item.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@Bremon the 692 shoots paslode full head... clipped ain't code... finally can sell my Ryobi and Ridgid cordless routers and Sanders...been a long wait.

If the new framing gun shoots only plastic clips,that will suck... plastic sucks...

Really wanted a cordless 10" mitre saw, that sucks.....I'll get the new barrel jiggy for the truck...I'll keep the carvex and mafell for the shop...

..damn seems like dewalt is slow rolling shit out again.....never understand it.....love an upgraded 791 and 877...

• Like 1

Clipped head are code in my neck of the woods. I know framers who didn’t know you could shoot full head out of a nail gun. Very much a “your mileage may vary” thing lol. You’ll never see plastic around here because of price. 

I do agree that Dewalt seems to be working at a snail’s pace lately. The lack of FlexVolt announcements especially make me roll my eyes and think “well, platform flavour of the week might be coming to an end”, even though I know it isn’t. Seriously though. A steady drip of goodies builds more confidence. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 12:27 AM, Bremon said:

I do agree that Dewalt seems to be working at a snail’s pace lately. The lack of FlexVolt announcements especially make me roll my eyes and think “well, platform flavour of the week might be coming to an end”, even though I know it isn’t. Seriously though. A steady drip of goodies builds more confidence. 

Yea I'm a bit perplexed, the came to war and dropped a bomb, then followed that up with Snakes and Sparklers. 🤔

• Like 2