robZ

Makita Cordless 10" miter stuck in bevel position

New to forum, seeking answer to problem with Makita X2 LXT 10" cordless compound miter saw. Have been working with tool for almost a year, have put it through its paces and cut all kinds of bevels with it. Today it got stuck at 22.5 degress (right side) and I can't get it to budge. I suspect the lock release button is somehow broken or jammed. I took off the back plastic housing hoping to get at it, but it turns out I'd have to do more disassembly to access it. Has anyone had this problem? I've been deep Team Blue for ten years but this is causing me to reconsider my loyalties. Brought my job to a screeching halt today. I'm at a remote off-grid site and can manage with workarounds but I'd rather fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Sorry dude, I have been wanting that saw for a while but got a screaming deal on the Milwaukee so went a different route. Welcome to the forums though!

Hi RobZ or Benn,

Did either of you find a solution to this problem? I've just run into it as well ... It's very frustrating!

Thanks

The same thing happened to me today.

22.5 degrees.

it must be a design problem ...and I suspect as the popularity increases with this piece of crap saw...we will see more people who have had this same problem

I babied mine...probably only cut 100 boards with it.

Now its worthless..

Thought about buying another and wasting $600 bucks...but now that I see other people that it has locked in the same EXACT position....I see it a design flaw

So...I won't waste money on it again

I have been getting into Makita lately...but I think I'm going to go a different direction now

On 9/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, rcarnes911 said:

This post makes me happy I went with the DeWalt emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was really going to go with the Mak, I really think the design is solid but alas...I went with the Milwaukee. I think the DC on the Mak is probably the best available without spending serious coinage but many issues with the release. Maybe they have worked them out, it would be nice to see this machine working top of the line

Created an account to show you guys how to "fix" your 22.5° beveled stuck Makita miter saw.
There is a black switch at the back which is turned 45° clockwise. This enables the 22.5° and 33.9° fixed bevels.
Slightly move the head of your miter saw to release the pressure on this black switch (else you can't move it), now you can pull it back with your other hand and turn it 45° counterclockwise. Problem solved. Hope this helps some people.

BevelStuck.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah seriously. 

If operating the functions of your mitre saw/reading your manual is too hard then perhaps you shouldn't be using power tools

• Haha 2

I have noticed they could mark their levers better (which direction is lock or unlock) just so people don’t forget which way is which if they haven’t used the tool in a few