Bosch gdr 18v-200 brushless impact driver

kornomaniac

For the Bosch fans :

september Will bring us new Bosch brushless impact drivers.  

200 Newton's

4000+ impacts per minute

3 speeds

alot more compact and lighter then the current offerings from Bosch. Not makita compact but close.

also as gdx version with both the 1/4 the college and 1/2 square drive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Looking forward to updates...I have lots of corded Bosch and think their quality in general is second to none. Really hoping for them to step up their game in the cordless sector, especially in NA as a lot of their stuff is brushed and at least 5 years old.

looks like the leds are a downgrade? No tripple leds like the previous model. 

If my caculations are correct, 200 NM is a bit over 1700 in lbs. That puts it higher than the Makitas on paper but less than the gen 2 Dewalts and Milwaukees.

Im actually looking forward to seen what Bosch has done to this tool, IM coming close to buying a new impact driver and I do like the option of the impact wrench as well. 

I had the GDX with that 1/2 inch socket and 1/4 hex chuck and got rid of it as I was fed up with certain bits not fitting as the shank has to go deeper then normal before it clicks into place so certain bit holders and hex drill bits wouldn’t work as the body of them hit the tool before clicking into place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 2:22 PM, Jronman said:

looks like the leds are a downgrade? No tripple leds like the previous model. 

If my caculations are correct, 200 NM is a bit over 1700 in lbs. That puts it higher than the Makitas on paper but less than the gen 2 Dewalts and Milwaukees.

I have the IWBH182 which is the impact wrench with the triple leds and it was nice when new but the side leds take a beating and break relatively easily.  I assume it was more than just me having the problem because they went away from them in their newer models.  While we are hard on tools we also have 9 dewalt impacts with the triple leds and they are all still working so to me it was a design flaw.

Looking forward to this. I still have the IDS181-02. It's fine, but things have really advanced since that was released. Would love to sell that and get one of the newer ones.

I don't do a lot of mechanical work, so would be interested in seeing reviews and comparisons as to whether it's worth it to get the one with the 1/2" socket adaptor or not.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:05 PM, Craigh9916 said:

I had the GDX with that 1/2 inch socket and 1/4 hex chuck and got rid of it as I was fed up with certain bits not fitting as the shank has to go deeper then normal before it clicks into place so certain bit holders and hex drill bits wouldn’t work as the body of them hit the tool before clicking into place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I got rid of mine for the same darn reason. I’d have 1/2 sockets get stuck constantly, the split ring came off multiple times and bits were always getting stuck in the 1/4” hex. I had to use a set of pliers and a small hammer to get bits out on occasion. Plenty of power, compact, great grip but what a pain in the butt.

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Ha! I got rid of mine for the same darn reason. I’d have 1/2 sockets get stuck constantly, the split ring came off multiple times and bits were always getting stuck in the 1/4” hex. I had to use a set of pliers and a small hammer to get bits out on occasion. Plenty of power, compact, great grip but what a pain in the butt.

So you're saying the combo driver is not quite as useful in practice as it would seem? I'm a bit on the fence because honestly, there's not a lot I would need a 1/2" socket driver for. I was considering just out of convenience to have it already built in. If it's not as practical as it sounds, I would likely just go with the 1/4" hex only driver.

6 hours ago, Rory said:

So you're saying the combo driver is not quite as useful in practice as it would seem? I'm a bit on the fence because honestly, there's not a lot I would need a 1/2" socket driver for. I was considering just out of convenience to have it already built in. If it's not as practical as it sounds, I would likely just go with the 1/4" hex only driver.

Welcome to the forums dude. I think in theory this machine is awesome. I have had problems with the chuck unfortunately and I believe that there are many others who have had the issue too while I have friends that use it without incident. Bosch makes a great tool in this but the chuck was enough for me to say I’ll have one of each. My humble opinion....great gun, driver and wrench but not both, plenty of power, super comfortable, chuck...meh.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:37 PM, ChrisK said:

Welcome to the forums dude. I think in theory this machine is awesome. I have had problems with the chuck unfortunately and I believe that there are many others who have had the issue too while I have friends that use it without incident. Bosch makes a great tool in this but the chuck was enough for me to say I’ll have one of each. My humble opinion....great gun, driver and wrench but not both, plenty of power, super comfortable, chuck...meh.

Thanks man, appreciate the welcome. Ok, I hear you. I'm thinking I may just avoid it then as I don't really use 1/2" sockets much at all. Especially if the price of the hex only is cheaper (which is what I would expect!).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 11:44 AM, aabee said:

Is it me or does Bosch brighten up their blue when pics of new tools come out? I remember they did the same for the 12v brushless line. You see them in person and they're so dark the blue is barely visible from a distance.

Definitely not just you. The plastic on the marketing pics has this iridescent look to it. The difference isn’t subtle at all.

• 3 weeks later...