Festool Cyclone!

khariV

Just saw this in an email from toolnut.

Festool is coming out with a cyclone for their d/c.  I'm guessing they're tired of losing the $$$ to Dust Deputy.  Looks pretty cool and only $75 more expensive than the aftermarket version, without the goofy tubes and Willy Wonka looking cyclone part.

image.thumb.png.b7de52899ac56c8308ae15811f1a345e.pngimage.thumb.png.59813e0c6b99ea775bd9f0b158b26c39.png

• Like 3

That looks nice but on a side note what is the 4th dial on that vac?

I'm guessing one changes suction power, one is on/off/auto switch, and the other changes time between filter cleaning. Maybe the 4th changes length of filter cleaning? or filter cleaning power?

7 hours ago, Jronman said:

That looks nice but on a side note what is the 4th dial on that vac?

I'm guessing one changes suction power, one is on/off/auto switch, and the other changes time between filter cleaning. Maybe the 4th changes length of filter cleaning? or filter cleaning power?

4th dial is hose diameter.  To prevent the beeping from going off. Requirement of a m class

On 7/10/2018 at 7:53 PM, Jronman said:

I haven't looked into it but I would guess we have them.

For EU regulations at least an M class vacs need to have a light or an audible alarm if the suction drops off too much.

If your hose or filter gets clogged then the alarm should sounds. The fourth button on the back is to select your hose diameter so the vacuum doesn't think a 36mm hose is clogged up when you have a 28mm on there ( which can let less air trough )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got the cyclone on my Midi and right now my 26 doesn’t have one. I’m really toying with getting this, I do all of my routing and track saw use with the 26 where as my Midi is dedicated to my Kapex. 

• Like 2

It will need a custom hose for the smaller vax. The hose it comes with will not fit. That is why they state it will not work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So then it will "work" but not right out of the box. Really seems like they either need to release an update to the mini and midi to align more with the larger vac features. I love the size of my midi but really would like the BT remote feature as well. Our 36AC only comes out on larger jobs.
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, overanalyze said:
On 7/21/2018 at 11:39 PM, The.Handyman said:
It will need a custom hose for the smaller vax. The hose it comes with will not fit. That is why they state it will not work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So then it will "work" but not right out of the box. Really seems like they either need to release an update to the mini and midi to align more with the larger vac features. I love the size of my midi but really would like the BT remote feature as well. Our 36AC only comes out on larger jobs.

I like the BT also but once again not for the Mini or Midi. It's like they have become the red headed step child. If you want these features you have to step up the the bigger vacs. 

• Like 3

I like the BT also but once again not for the Mini or Midi. It's like they have become the red headed step child. If you want these features you have to step up the the bigger vacs. 
Which is a shame because the size of the midi is perfect for 90% of jobsite tasks.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...