Milwaukee gen 3 Hammer drill and Impact driver review by Tools in Action!

James Duncan

56 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Good deal! Wish they would offer these new tools in packout cases 

They should do a free tool/packout/battery promo. The packout pieces and batteries are getting near or exceeding the cost of a lot of free tools...I don't see why they can't do a packout tote or anything under the rolling base as a promo on kits. Great way to get people into the system. Even if they lose money on the free packout they're getting someone into that system which means more packout sales. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnyWalter said:

I was a ridgid guy but after I bought the 12v impact an drill kit an they both out preform my ridgid stuff I have started changing over to Milwaukee unreal stuff they put out I cannot wait to have my whole arsenal Milwaukee

I've said this before. We have a corded drill at the shop that we'd use for drilling metal or using spade bits in plastic or wood. My M12 brushed drill is more powerful than that drill...the least powerful cordless Milwaukee! The M12 Fuel (Gen 1) is stronger than my friend's 20V PC drill and it's not even close, the M12 brushed is a little more powerful IMO.

• Like 1

For those who have this set, I have a question: I've used both M18 and M12 Fuel drills/impacts (both 2nd gen) and have noticed when feathering the trigger they both let out a shrill, high-pitched noise when feathering the trigger prior to the chucks rotating. Does that happen with these? 

On 7/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, aabee said:

For those who have this set, I have a question: I've used both M18 and M12 Fuel drills/impacts (both 2nd gen) and have noticed when feathering the trigger they both let out a shrill, high-pitched noise when feathering the trigger prior to the chucks rotating. Does that happen with these? 

I checked on mine and my gen 2 stuff has the noise but it seems to be completely gone on the gen 3 impact and drill.  

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday I was drilling some holes in steel 50' up a tower and my 2803 drill caught and half way twisted out of my hand.  I went to put it in reverse and the switch was jamed and wouldn't move.  Thinking the switch was broke I climbed down to get a different drill and sure enough when I got to the ground the switch is working just fine.  Not sure what happened that it jamed or when or if it'll do it again.

I have to say besides that hiccup this drill is really impressing me.  I think it's a combination of more power and a chuck that holds the bit tight, but it definately seems to drill through steel better than the gen 1 or 2.  As far as the drill getting hot I haven't had any issues.  I don't use big hole saws and I haven't used it to drill 100's of holes one after another yet, but with regular daily use I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 4:41 AM, AnonymousJoe said:

I think if u shoot YouTube vids and tool fights and run tools trying to max them out then I’m sure they get hot. 

Some people work like that all day every day.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, StrippedScrew said:

Looks like a Rohm chuck to me?

Doesn't look like any rohm I've ever used. 

On 7/19/2018 at 2:36 AM, HiltiWpg said:

Now with 30% more marketing wank!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you seen this brightly coloured bar chart and heard our misleading slogan? Then boy do we have the tool for you!

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2018 at 4:24 AM, BMack37 said:

They should do a free tool/packout/battery promo. The packout pieces and batteries are getting near or exceeding the cost of a lot of free tools...I don't see why they can't do a packout tote or anything under the rolling base as a promo on kits. Great way to get people into the system. Even if they lose money on the free packout they're getting someone into that system which means more packout sales. 

I genuinely think they're presuming people will buy them regardless, and it's true. Some of the hardcore Milwaukee boys will buy anything they put out regardless of quality or cost. 

• Like 1