Milwaukee Packout 15” Tote

HiltiWpg

Just following up my 10” tote review.

I was very disappointed with the 10” overall.

I took a chance and bought the 15” and I am very happy with it. Why couldn’t they design the 10” the same way???

The 15” has nice deep pockets and a great layout. One side is full of very usable pockets and the other side is wide open for power tools or whatever else you need to put in there.

My only complaint is the return of the useless wedge pockets that are designed for things to fall out of. Not even kidding.

The zippered pockets are a little better too, you can actually get stuff in them!

150% better than the 10”, hands down.

Hopefully they relaunch the 10” and fix it, it’s really a perfect size.

298c2dadd45e1befd91f12c4b1d31099.jpg65d428a2136dd2c14c4b8332dea4bbc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

According to the product pics on the Milwaukee website, the end, wedge pockets are for your pliers to make sweet, sweet love and soon you'll have baby pliers.

image.png.222b3e773c4e2113270115b949b82c48.png

Oh...and they're also to put tools in that you don't care about so they can fall out...

image.png.9c0e806ab24ded9958d788798e5181cb.png

• Like 2

You could probably take an awl and tighten those pockets. Just fold over about 1/4" on the inside then sew it straight down, on both sides.

I'm all about modding my tool bags but I'm also a rather unconventional user. I just added a nylon strap to my new square tote that splits the big middle compartment, keeping the IR temp gun in place. I also cut out some internal pockets so my DMM and lead accessories slide in and out easily. I ALSO added lighting to the bag, taking to HF lights (seen below) hung off the side by the belt clip and sewn the clip to the bag so they can't fall off.

LEy3xl4.png

• Like 1

You could probably take an awl and tighten those pockets. Just fold over about 1/4" on the inside then sew it straight down, on both sides.

I'm all about modding my tool bags but I'm also a rather unconventional user. I just added a nylon strap to my new square tote that splits the big middle compartment, keeping the IR temp gun in place. I also cut out some internal pockets so my DMM and lead accessories slide in and out easily. I ALSO added lighting to the bag, taking to HF lights (seen below) hung off the side by the belt clip and sewn the clip to the bag so they can't fall off.

LEy3xl4.png

Slow the hell down!!!

That sounds an awful lot like work!

I actually thought about adding a rivet to the exterior pocket but I don’t know where to get a proper heavy duty fabric type.

24 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Slow the hell down!!!

That sounds an awful lot like work!

I actually thought about adding a rivet to the exterior pocket but I don’t know where to get a proper heavy duty fabric type.

Amazon...I actually have some coming, I'll post when I get them.

Here are some pics, the nylon strap was a pain in the butt but the others were easy, less than 5 min jobs. I should have just glued velcro and made a velcro divider but it was stuff I had on hand.

These two are enough to light up a dark room, just put the bag down and simultaneous button press => area light.

TWZs2Hb.jpg

gKLkOe2.jpg

IR temp strap, foam for charger of CCTV, HDMI, low voltage cable tester.

NoDKpyA.jpg

Cut out pockets, doubled the space in each section.

48vt4dl.jpg

• Like 2