Tool Clip NUTS! Size ?

tombukt2

looking to find the hex nut size of tool clip screw nut mounts in tool in a yellow hex hole behind the tool clip hole on all 20V tools right under 5 slots ? dewalt cannot even tell me  upload a pic in a few min need to applt this clip to dcs 355 multi tool no threads in hole for clip screw......

I'm not real familiar with sizes of machine screws but I know in the past when I've needed a belt clip screw I just took one out of a tool and went down to my small town hardware store and they match one for me.  I'm sure if you have the screw they have a hex nut for it because it seemed to be a pretty common size screw.

4 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

Just pop one out of another tool you have from the side you are not using. That is what I did for my multitool.

Great idea. I'll do this. 

Are they hard to remove? 

Great idea. I'll do this. 

Are they hard to remove? 
Not hard at all. Thread the screw in and then soft tap it with a mallet to pop the nut out on the battery side. It's a friction fit in the plastic hex.

Put the nut in the OMT and use a newer style belt clip, just not a real old one, and all is well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2