Fest...DeWALT price increase

Jronman

Looks like not just Festool is having price increases. DeWALT is going to have them too. Got an email from Acme tool saying this was going to happen. Not sure when they take effect. Also there is a new bare tool deal options include some newer brushless stuff. buy 2 get  10% off. Buy 3 get 20% off.

• Like 1

In all fairness though and as you know, Festool does a yearly increase in their tools whereas I think this is the first advertised price I crease that I remember seeing from Dewalt. As big a fan of Festool that I am, they make great tools designed for hard use and precision finishing, they have gotten WAYYYYYYYYYYY carried away with regularly scheduled tool price hikes. Dewalt makes quality stuff so it’s natural to see a hike once in a while. As they continue to increase production here in the USA, I would not be too surprised to see Milwaukee do the same. Cool catch though and thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Difference between the Dewalt and Festool price increase, you still know your going to get some good sale and bundle deals with Dewalt, Festool is luck of the draw, I've had great luck with some decent deals on festoolrecon.com but if you don't email subscribe don't even bother, tools sometimes sell out in minutes from posting, deals go from decent to steals, still kicking myself from not pulling the trigger on the PDC drill for $300, but for Dewalt to advertise I saw that email too, little strange IMO... Dewalt has gotten pricey on some tools though like their new flat bill grinder is almost $300 baretool, their new line of brushless AC grinders are all $200 plus...

They still have better tool prices that teal lol

I have been itching to get more Festool but I can't decide on what deal to snag. The recon prices can be good but you gotta wait for something you want/need and the Festoolproducts.com deals are good for the TSC55 but I am not sure if I want the non Airstream batteries/chargers. The best deals I have seen on Festool are happening right now. I was holding out to see if the deal got any better but I checked just now and the deal has gotten better for the TSC55. I might snag that deal and the 10% off a vac once I save enough money. It was 2 free 5.2 batteries and $50 off but now it is 2 free 5.2 batteries and $100 dollars off.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

I have been itching to get more Festool but I can't decide on what deal to snag. The recon prices can be good but you gotta wait for something you want/need and the Festoolproducts.com deals are good for the TSC55 but I am not sure if I want the non Airstream batteries/chargers. The best deals I have seen on Festool are happening right now. I was holding out to see if the deal got any better but I checked just now and the deal has gotten better for the TSC55. I might snag that deal and the 10% off a vac once I save enough money. It was 2 free 5.2 batteries and $50 off but now it is 2 free 5.2 batteries and $100 dollars off.

I have a couple of the airstream battery packs but mostly just the 5.2and 4.2 packs. Airstream is nice but my other batteries work and last quite well. I have the TS55REQ and the HKC (was just doing a job trimming some doors with the HKC and a 55”rail...beautiful). I would love to get the cordless one but I cannot justify it based on my current deployment of tools 👍🙏🤪

• 3 weeks later...

Well the dewalt sales flyer I got from my tool supplier today has price changes.  It appears that most of the bare tools in the $100-$200 range got an extra $10 thrown on it.   Dcf887 was $129 now $139.  Single tool and battery kits seemed to have taken a $20 jump ex. Dcd996 was $199 now $219.

I can understand that over time cost can go up but it's kind of hard to stomach when it's the same old product.  At least the red marketing machine keeps rolling out "new" models so you feel like you're getting something more for your extra money.  The one that catches my attention is the old dcf880 1/2" compact impact wrench.  I would gladly give dewalt $160-200 for an updated brushless model but I was thinking we should be seeing a price drop from $129 on the current model not an increase to $139.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The tarrifs are the issue here. Many of DeWalts tools are made in USA with global materials. Well global raw materials are what the tarrifs are for, not finished products. So milwaukee which is made in china (to great standards no doubt) won't be biting the bullet because they're sending over completed products for the most part.

It's sadly comical, because we have a President who wants more made in the USA. Yet the guys that are actually manufacturing in the USA are the one's suffering right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Was socked to see the cordless router baretool price at $179, nuts considering the Makita is $119 bare tool... hopefully it outperforms the Mak at that price

That is surprising considering Makita usually has a premium over DeWALT.

• Like 1

[mention=55331]SetBuilder[/mention] but most do...got work? Everyone does now....

Dewalt battery prices are ridiculous... Milwaukee has much better battery deals

Yea Dewalts seem to have a $20 premium over Milwaukee... except the new battery’s 250 for 12.0? Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk