came for chainsaw M18 battery chat

paulgailey

hello all,

yes i resgistered here in search of chainsaw chat, especially for the Milwaukee new M18

im considering purchasing it but have a challenge in doing so as a tourist in NYC in August.

1. the shipped battery at 216 wH is too high energy to be taken back either as permissable cabin or luggage hold air transport - it has to be Dangerous goods certified shipping: a BIG cost+hassle

2. I cannot seem to purchase the saw in USA without the M18 battery - itself selling at 199USD as a standalone item

3. I cannot advertise to sell a brand new M18 battery here (as i am a newbie) 

4. yes, the item is available in europe at a price differential of +250USD to USA price.

5. maybe i can find a USA tool retailer willing to sell me it without the battery or take it back? - any ideas in the NYC area?

6. maybe i should just forget it.... and get a Makita 18v chainsaw in Europe instead.

have a splendid day.

Welcome to the forums Paul. I’d like to comment on the new saw however mine is sitting in a box in my woodshop and I have not used it. As far as buying the saw here, you could try to sell it while you are here however you are correct, you cannot post on the forums till you meet our threshold. I just sold my 12” Makita and I can speak to the quality of the X2 chain saws, they are phenomenal. I wanted a larger saw and have a couple of specialty tools with the Milwaukee badge so it was a worthwhile purchase for me and that is the reason I sold it

15 hours ago, paulgailey said:

Hi Chris, so you've ordered the same M18 saw but just not received it yet?

I'm likely I think to get a battery powered Makita as it's just too difficult to get the Milwaukee in my circumstances.

No, I have the chainsaw it was shipped a couple of weeks ago, I just have not had time to do any work in the woods yet. So alas....she sits in her box 😖