18v Random Orbital Sander, Makita or Ryobi?

cliu

I am in the market for a random orbital sander. I use primarily Makita tools, but I have an adapter that allows me to power Ryobi tools with Makita batteries so I am wondering which brand to go with here. Keep in mind that the Makita is about $100 for the bare tool and for that price Ryobi is selling a kit with a RO sander, a corner cat sander, 1/4 sheet sander, battery and charger and price is a concern for me as I am not exactly wealthy. Also keep in mind that I will be using it a good amount, but not daily.

I have all three of the 1+ Ryobi sanders, and their brushless belt sander, bought separately over the past two years. They are used almost daily and i have been very happy. That $100 deal is fantastic, i wish i had gotten that. Ryobi has a good warranty too.

I have over 20 Ryobi 1+ tools and at least 35 Milwaukee M18/M12 tools. Love them both. I have been tempted by Makita many times but haven't gone teal yet.

Take that $100 deal and try them out. You can return them if they don't suit you. I have a feeling you won't be taking them back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I like ryobi so I don’t want this to come off biased but the Makita is tried and true. My experience with ryobi sanders is they feel hollow and vibrate enough to bother the user after a while, The Makita is going to be a more reformed sander with pretty good vibe control and onboard dust collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you for all the advice. I decided to go with the Ryobi because I just couldn't pass on that deal. I wonder why it is that Ryobi is just about the only company that makes a cordless 1/4 sheet and corner cat sander. Those have been on the market for years yet no other company makes one.

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I like ryobi so I don’t want this to come off biased but the Makita is tried and true. My experience with ryobi sanders is they feel hollow and vibrate enough to bother the user after a while, The Makita is going to be a more reformed sander with pretty good vibe control and onboard dust collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming that the Makita is better, my question was more along the lines of is it better by enough to justify the difference in price? I decided that it wasn't, thanks for the help though.