next teaser; 

cordless router // DCW600B

==> DCW600B - 20V MAX COMPACT ROUTER

with B ending and 20V max it must be the North American version

Rubber overmold for better control
all metal motor can
• Dual LED lights to illuminate work
• Variable speed

I have "more stuff" you guys need to wait !

but you can start saving up some money !

DCW600B-us-version-router.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the tallness will prove indicative of the relative power of the thing. Although I’m skeptical it would be enough to warrant Dewalt making it handle 1/2” bits, which Makita’s compact router is not built to accommodate.

I was more curious if they might shoot for a higher-power Flexvolt router. Not because I would buy it, but to incline Makita to do perhaps develop an X2 router that themselves. Alas, that would have been a very tall ask. May not even be feasible really.

Maybe the tallness will prove indicative of the relative power of the thing. Although I’m skeptical it would be enough to warrant Dewalt making it handle 1/2” bits, which Makita’s compact router is not built to accommodate.

I was more curious if they might shoot for a higher-power Flexvolt router. Not because I would buy it, but to incline Makita to do perhaps develop an X2 router that themselves. Alas, that would have been a very tall ask. May not even be feasible really.

Judging by the size I’d say it would be a a 1/4” trim router, hopefully is has a bit more power than the mak, using larger bits you can easily stall it out

How cool would a larger 1/2” Flexvolt Router be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Judging by the size I’d say it would be a a 1/4” trim router, hopefully is has a bit more power than the mak, using larger bits you can easily stall it out

How cool would a larger 1/2” Flexvolt Router be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving it a second look, it does have the smaller battery on it in the OP pic. That might indicate it isn’t aiming for overwhelming power either...but who knows. It could simply be an aesthetic decision for advertising purposes.

I’m not sure if you typo’d above but the Makita does have a dust port and a really good one, too. I’ve loved how smooth the thing is both for visibility and being crazy clean. Clean enough I have no hesitation running it indoors.

Giving it a second look, it does have the smaller battery on it in the OP pic. That might indicate it isn’t aiming for overwhelming power either...but who knows. It could simply be an aesthetic decision for advertising purposes.

I’m not sure if you typo’d above but the Makita does have a dust port and a really good one, too. I’ve loved how smooth the thing is both for visibility and being crazy clean. Clean enough I have no hesitation running it indoors.

Yes it does have a dust port how ever in the states even though I paid $400 for the kit it doesn’t come with it you have to order to extra, hopefully dewalt ships it out with their router, just a little bit frustrating how much money does it really cost them to make those adapters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, midogrumpy said:

Hi again

next teaser; 

cordless router // DCW600B

==> DCW600B - 20V MAX COMPACT ROUTER

with B ending and 20V max it must be the North American version

Rubber overmold for better control
all metal motor can
• Dual LED lights to illuminate work
• Variable speed

I have "more stuff" you guys need to wait !

but you can start saving up some money !

DCW600B-us-version-router.jpg

When you say more stuff do you mean more 20V or FV? Sorry I’m just nosy :)

Yep, I will stick with my Makita trimmer router. It has a solid build and feel balanced (with the battery). Dewalt needs do more than catch up at this point. They need to step up their game in social media and release more improved or "powerful" tools. What is happening with the Flexvolt line? Why not release a 1/2” Flexvolt router? Or a Flexvolt sander? Release something that no other brands can do.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

@SetBuilder we you using the dust collection accessory for routing along edges?

Nope, never even knew one existed

Edit: I just looked it up and its for for trimming edge banding, not the application I was using it for, unless there is a different accessory your referring to?  http://greenanddarkblue.blogspot.com/2012/06/festools-edge-routing-accessories.html

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

That is not it. It is little shroud deal that snaps to the bottom of the router. One comes with the of1400. I used it to cut a bunch of roundovers and collected around 99% of all visible dust the router created. 

Yuppers bro, I have one on the 1400 and 2200 works slick as snot. I wish I had LED’s on them but the dust collection is amazing on my Festool.

More DeWalt tools awesome...they sure are slow to market but I'm sure it takes time to develop ..true game changing tools.....I'm sure the next release of 60v/120v  tools will set  new industry standards,like flexvolt did...

For now I'll be happy to replace my Ridgid cordless orbital sander and trim router with new Dewalt 20v versions..