next teaser; 

cordless router // DCW600B

==> DCW600B - 20V MAX COMPACT ROUTER

with B ending and 20V max it must be the North American version

Rubber overmold for better control
all metal motor can
• Dual LED lights to illuminate work
• Variable speed

I have "more stuff" you guys need to wait !

but you can start saving up some money !

DCW600B-us-version-router.jpg

Hi Midogrumpy

You say you have more stuff!

Can you tell us how long we have to wait till you can release more details??

Getting itchy waiting!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

press release is out on web site

(extract)

The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Router features an all-metal motor that provides durability on the jobsite.

Controlled by an electronic, variable speed motor, the router maintains speed under load. It is equipped with soft-start to minimize start up torque and an electronic brake to reduce bit coast down time when the unit is powered off.

With dual-LED’s the router helps light dark work areas.

Other features of the router include an adjustable quick release clamp for smooth and secure actuation, quick release tabs for simple base removal, a depth adjust ring for fast accurate depth settings, an easy-to-use spindle lock with a large button, and a 12-position ratcheting lock.

The stable D-shaped base provides edge profiling and radius referencing.

The router is also plunge-base compatible.

Now that there have been some new official announcements like the sander, router, and new jigsaws I wonder if there’s going to be anything else that comes across the plate this year.  My shop is pretty much cordless now with the additions of the router and sander so anything else is icing on the cake.  Wouldn’t hate a belt sander though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pouet said:

Flexvolt 1/2 router would be great.

I was talking to someone a few days ago (no names). He has been reliable for info in the past.  

He attended a Private Dewalt "show and tell" at one of Dewalt's R&D facilities. While he was there he noticed what he said looked like a 1/2" Flexvolt router on a table away from the area they were showing off the new tools. When he asked the rep about it, another rep covered it and removed it out of sight. SO if this is true there my be a 1/2" router in the works. I don't know how far away though. 

Has anyone else heard anything about this???

The new 12ah battery would be spot on to power it! 

The 12ah battery being released now is in my opinion a sign of more power hungry tools on the way. Like the 1/2" router!!

Anyone have a NEW tool in mind for the 12ah?      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DooDar said:

I was talking to someone a few days ago (no names). He has been reliable for info in the past.  

He attended a Private Dewalt "show and tell" at one of Dewalt's R&D facilities. While he was there he noticed what he said looked like a 1/2" Flexvolt router on a table away from the area they were showing off the new tools. When he asked the rep about it, another rep covered it and removed it out of sight. SO if this is true there my be a 1/2" router in the works. I don't know how far away though. 

Has anyone else heard anything about this???

The new 12ah battery would be spot on to power it! 

The 12ah battery being released now is in my opinion a sign of more power hungry tools on the way. Like the 1/2" router!!

Anyone have a NEW tool in mind for the 12ah?      

I want my friggin' vacuum already. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Five position adjustable turret enables stepped or repeated plunge cuts
Aluminium motor housing can be transitioned quickly to a fixed base attachment increasing the versatility of the machine
Dual LED lights increase visibility around the router bit during operation for increased accuracy
Compact, light weight design that increase ease of use and user comfort
Spindle lock makes accessory changing quick and easy
Plunge base incorporates fine tune rod for precise depth adjustment
Soft start reduces movement of the tool on start up increasing user control
Electronic brake for added control & safety
Rubber overmould grips make using the unit more comfortable
Variable Speed Control to set optimum cutter speed for different materials

Looks like they reworked the thing pretty significantly, rolled away from all the extra cosmetics and fit it into a more compact form factor akin to the Makita. Probably the smart way to go; the previous design just looked too tall, which would have been made more awkward for anyone using a Flexvolt battery on it.

But you’ll be able to put a Flexvolt battery on this. Even if you don’t get the advantage of the higher voltage, you still get the current output advantage of 3-bank batteries. If the size of them doesn’t bother you at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Got it!!!! Awesome router,been using it a few days now. Lowe’s of all places....wider then my Ridgid but more powerful. Also excellent brake,almost instantaneously. Very solid unit...this completes my needs for Dewalt cordless tools. 

...hopefully Dewalt lowers the price on 12ah batteries. I am almost certain that a 15ah would be the same size as the 9ah and 12ah., ...

• Like 1