Problem with New M18 2737 Jig Saw????

gvales

My order got cancelled from toolnut for the new D Handle 2737 Jigsaw. I called and they said there was a problem with the saw and until Milwaukee can figure it out they are cancelling the orders. He said it had to do something with the cut accuracy???? I called Milwaukee and just talked to a customer service rep and they said they knew nothing and it was supposed to be released tomorrow. Anyone know anything?

I just got mine yesterday and have been playing with it. Seems like there is a trigger issue. If I ease on the trigger, it's fine, but if I squeeze it to full power immediately, then 90% of the time nothing happens, like there's some kind of disconnect when you pull too fast. I wondered if this was maybe some kind of safety feature or something but doesn't seem right. I called customer service and the tool is so new they don't even have one on hand to mess with or look at, so they just told me to see if AcmeTools would exchange it for a new one and see if it did the same thing. Or wait a little while and take it to a service center, but they won't have parts or anything for a while if Milwaukee techs don't even have them. I'm also disappointed in the dust collection; chips still fly everywhere, but at least they don't pile up by the blade. The light is a nice bonus. Definitely more power. And its a bit smaller all around, so it fits in my old jobsite organizer better!

Good Afternoon,

We've recently received some bad news about the new M18 D Handle Jigsaws. 

Milwaukee has discovered that there are accuracy issues with this product after production and they've asked us to hold shipments.

Due to this issue, The Tool Nut did not feel comfortable shipping out an inferior product to our customers, so we've decided that it is in all parties best interest to cancel the orders and return these defective saws back to Milwaukee. 

A full refund will be provided to your original method of payment.

My apologies for any inconvenience that this will cause.

Sincerely,
Matthew Lennon
Customer Service Manager 

I was watching a video the other day about the new Gen2 Fuel circular saw and the reviewer got a unit where the blade was not parallel to the edge of the plate.  Rookie mistake but I guess that's what you get sometimes in mass produced items.  I do wish they'd slow down just the slightest bit to fix teething problems in new products before they go out the door. 

• Like 1

Pretty much sums it up I think. I'm not shocked by anything Milwaukee falling at the first hurdle any more.

They set weird precedence.
They came out with so much so fast and rather then slow it down a little, they seem to want to introduce 100 new SKUs every 6 months.
Instead of Milwaukee base layer tee shirts, markers, levels, heated gloves and lunch boxes, how about you make really good quality tools with a 3-5 year refresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Direct from my Milwaukee contact...

We continuously monitor our production operations to ensure we are making tools that meet our standards for the highest quality. We recently identified a small subset of D-Handle Jig Saws that had an out-of-spec accuracy tolerance. Immediately after discovering this, we removed the products. Out of an abundance of caution, we reached out to distribution to return any product that could have possibly been affected so we could best ensure customers get the best product experience, as we intended. Again, this issue was localized to a small subset of product and we’ve returned to shipping normally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

Direct from my Milwaukee contact...

We continuously monitor our production operations to ensure we are making tools that meet our standards for the highest quality. We recently identified a small subset of D-Handle Jig Saws that had an out-of-spec accuracy tolerance. Immediately after discovering this, we removed the products. Out of an abundance of caution, we reached out to distribution to return any product that could have possibly been affected so we could best ensure customers get the best product experience, as we intended. Again, this issue was localized to a small subset of product and we’ve returned to shipping normally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That makes more sense because I've already seen positive reviews on it claiming it's cutting dead straight. That's why nearly every company monitor's their manufacturing in batches.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

That makes more sense because I've already seen positive reviews on it claiming it's cutting dead straight. That's why nearly every company monitor's their manufacturing in batches.

How many of those reviews came from people who bought it?

Everyone I've spoken to about it can't get it soon enough due to stock shortages and unavailability.

I'd personally give it 6 months before buying off the back of a foolhardy review.

• 1 month later...

I bought one the other day and it's a beauty. very smooth trigger, cuts straight as an arrow, couldn't ask for more.  Not sure who got the ones that were out of tolerance but I love mine!  The only issue I have is that it's hard to get the bed over to 45 degrees seems real tight, I can get it there but it takes some extra effort.  I am hoping it will get better the more I rotate it.  Other than that it's been a great tool and everything I would expect from Milwaukee.  If I had my way I would have installed the trigger limiter that is adjustable so I could dial in the correct speed and know I wouldn't exceed it and burn up my blades.  I tend to keep squeezing the trigger and eventually I'm at full speed again, that's a personal thing though I'm not sure everyone has the same experience.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 12:02 PM, Daniel Julian said:

I just got mine yesterday and have been playing with it. Seems like there is a trigger issue. If I ease on the trigger, it's fine, but if I squeeze it to full power immediately, then 90% of the time nothing happens, like there's some kind of disconnect when you pull too fast. I wondered if this was maybe some kind of safety feature or something but doesn't seem right. I called customer service and the tool is so new they don't even have one on hand to mess with or look at, so they just told me to see if AcmeTools would exchange it for a new one and see if it did the same thing. Or wait a little while and take it to a service center, but they won't have parts or anything for a while if Milwaukee techs don't even have them. I'm also disappointed in the dust collection; chips still fly everywhere, but at least they don't pile up by the blade. The light is a nice bonus. Definitely more power. And its a bit smaller all around, so it fits in my old jobsite organizer better!

Ended up having to drop off at local service center and they are mailing it off to Milwaukee eService for faulty trigger. Should be a quick fix and should have it back soon. 

8 hours ago, regopit said:

I wish that they would release the barrel grip here in the states.

I’m at odds between the Milwaukee and Dewalt. Carvex is still a possibility but for a 150 less the battery free options in red and yellow do add up though I’m still unsure. 

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a brand new m18 fuel brushless Milwaukee jig saw. Out of the box it will not cut straight. You have to hold the saw slightly left to try to stay on your line. It’s as if the part that holds the blade is not in the saw straight. Is there an adjustment that can be made by myself or do I need to send it off for repair. That’s a lot of money to pay for a defective saw right out of the box.