Flexvolt HEPA Dust Extractor for Tstak

muddychip

2 hours ago, TrimmerMatt said:

I bought one of them on eBay yesterday too, I was pretty excited to see it. I had a 15% off coupon so it was 297.50 for me.  I'll let you know when it comes.

I’m wondering if I buy multiple units will the Transmitters interfere with each other in close proximity 

I'm certain it is wireless RFID, according to the cop tool video on YouTube. The dewalt rep says wireless, not bluetooth so you don't need to pair it with any tools and you can use it with any tool brand. Might work like RC controllers? On it's own frequency with the supplied extractor?

2 hours ago, method said:

I'm certain it is wireless RFID, according to the cop tool video on YouTube. The dewalt rep says wireless, not bluetooth so you don't need to pair it with any tools and you can use it with any tool brand. Might work like RC controllers? On it's own frequency with the supplied extractor?

I just watched that video.  He says that it gets paired with the vac at about 1:18 

Can't wait until it is out, either way as long as it works that's all we need to know! Metabo has one coming out that auto starts based on the frequency of the tools or something, I can't remember the details. Run time and power will be a selling point for most people you would think.

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Just don't see how it stacks ...

Me either but I'm not worried about it.  I want it because I'm tired of running a cord for my regular vac every time or ditching it and dealing with dust when breakers are blowing and having the remote will be a time saver.  I also wanted something more portable for my orbital.  I run out of hose when doing handrails and without it I'm blowing brown snots for days!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine on Friday and used it for about 6 hours on Saturday.  It lasts as long on one 9ah as my dwv010 lasts on 4 using the power station.  It is a LOT quieter, to the point that with a heater and radio blasting next to me and earplugs in sometimes I couldn't hear it running.  The suction is slightly less than the dwv010 but not enough to make a significant difference.  The remote worked flawlessly right out of the box and is the best feature.  It didn't seem to lose suction through the day and I had it half full.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TrimmerMatt said:

eBay. The seller was factory authorized outlet but the box said max tool when it arrived.  It took almost a month from when I ordered.

Max Tool and Factory Authorized Outlet have very similar websites. Might be owned by the same entity?

Thanks @Jronman....I guess it does stack....very awkwardly...been waiting for that vacuum but just poorly designed.

.....cfm is very good...but should of been inside a LG tstak or toughsystem box..

...I know it's wierd but my tools gotta perform AND look good, that thing is butt ugly....other companies can get performance and look badass....

...just can't buy it. I'll stick with what I got.. although the new DEH161 looks cool

47 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Thanks @Jronman....I guess it does stack....very awkwardly...been waiting for that vacuum but just poorly designed.

.....cfm is very good...but should of been inside a LG tstak or toughsystem box..

...I know it's wierd but my tools gotta perform AND look good, that thing is butt ugly....other companies can get performance and look badass....

...just can't buy it. I'll stick with what I got.. although the new DEH161 looks cool

Yeah If I get a cordless DeWALT vac I will wait for a Flexvolt  Tough System version. Needs dual battery, DS400 in size, minimum of 150 cfm for MORE POWA!!! tm, and cordless tool activation.

• Like 1

A small modification and it could very easily be tough system compatable for the wall racks.

Almost identical length to Toughsystem boxes

I just proped it in the racks to check and it slides in and out perfectly just need to add the spring loaded handles 

Also got my 60v saw ready to go with the extractor. (we use this saw strictly for Fiber Cement and always had a PCD blade on it)

We are residing a Historical Home in Homestead in a few weeks so I will be able to write a review after using it for a month straight but so far so good.

Im new to the Airlock system and I really like

088872FF-1135-488A-9983-034A206695CE.jpeg

F5ABBE60-F434-4BAC-9CCC-0F9597C7FC28.jpeg

2201B40D-1221-4854-8DB5-A6CC06C3ED5C.jpeg

9604FDA6-BC1B-46B4-B382-1E41A4FB5CCC.jpeg

AA520E28-AEFA-470F-B602-810C517F28F7.jpeg

• Like 2