muddychip

Flexvolt HEPA Dust Extractor for Tstak

This is the Europe model. I'd wonder if it is coming to North America but there has been enough stuff lately that Europe has gotten that we haven't gotten. I wouldn't be surprised if it is Europe only.

Remote control key fob SICK

Im definantly getting this now a nice way to use dust extraction on cordless tools and remaining cordless.

Nice work Dewalt 

Only downfall I prefer toughsystem over TStac

• Like 1

I hope I’m not the only one who can’t quite figure it out. Is the Tstak body where the motor is housed and you attach it to another tstak? Where does the sawdust/debris go?

2 hours ago, Rtorres092382 said:

I hope I’m not the only one who can’t quite figure it out. Is the Tstak body where the motor is housed and you attach it to another tstak? Where does the sawdust/debris go?

Motor, filter, electronics, etc. are probably on the top half then the dust storage on bottom half would be my guess.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if they plan on a Tough System version? I just invested heavily in that platform. Only Tstak I have is the new radio. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Anyone know if they plan on a Tough System version? I just invested heavily in that platform. Only Tstak I have is the new radio. 

Curious about the same. It needs to have wheels and casters and a handle to serve as the base. Really hope they come out with this, they’ve been knocking out everything else on my wish list lately!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-16-Gal-6-5-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-WD1851/100638360

On 8/18/2018 at 12:09 PM, Jpgwoodworking said:

Curious about the same. It needs to have wheels and casters and a handle to serve as the base. Really hope they come out with this, they’ve been knocking out everything else on my wish list lately!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-16-Gal-6-5-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-WD1851/100638360

I think they wanted to keep it small and carryable with one hand. 

Partnering it with the trolley would give it wheels. Track saw TStak on top would be a great match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It seems to be missing the connectors on the bottom in order to connect it to the trolley/another box. I've been using my bosses Festool tanos vacuum when light sanding, it's super convenient. I will need one of these.

Found a FCC filing about the fob, two different model numbers...does that designate a geography difference or something else entirely?

"Operational Description: The key fob is used to remotely turn on and off the DCV585 / DCV586 dust extractors."

• Like 2

From Dewalt.com

Running off of the FLEXVOLT® battery, the DCV585 cordless Dust Extractor is an efficient and portable way to achieve OSHA Table 1 compliance on the jobsite. This product features Wireless Tool Control™ with remote, allowing the user to activate the extractor from the tool, at a distance. It also features a automatic filter cleaning mechanism and includes HEPA filters.

• Like 2

"Wireless Tool Control Allows for wireless ON/OFF capability when paired with the included Remote or a Wireless Tool Control Enabled Tool"

Finally I see a usable need for the bluetooth feature in tools.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

• Like 3

So I wonder if they can make Bluetooth Flexvolt batteries to communicate with the dust extractor.