Plunge/ track saw 102" / 2.6m rail

AJB

Just can't understand why Dewalt would make such a long rail that isn't suitable for cutting a standard 8ft / 2.440m sheet. All it needed was another 4" / 100mm and it would be perfect!!

Especially as now they've introduced the Flexvolt plunge saw to the range. 

I’ll give you that it’s a hair too short but I rip 8’ sheets regularly. There’s a finite amount of wiggle room to set the track on a 8’ rip for it to work properly. Takes a few minutes to figure out but once you do, mark your track so it’s easily setup next time.

That's not the point I'm trying to get across.

I've yet to get perfect alignment of two tracks linked together (yes with the proper alignment bars) and the more you move the tracks from one cut to another the more time you waste checking that they're still straight. I dread to imagine what it would be like having three tracks linked together. 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:15 AM, AJB said:

That's not the point I'm trying to get across.

I've yet to get perfect alignment of two tracks linked together (yes with the proper alignment bars) and the more you move the tracks from one cut to another the more time you waste checking that they're still straight. I dread to imagine what it would be like having three tracks linked together. 

First time posting on here but I have the corded version of the Dewalt track saw and agree with the 102" track being too short, its worse when cutting mdf sheets that are 8'-1" long, what I would do was join two 59" tracks together using the makita track connectors, they're the best ones to use because you can really tighten the set screws without damaging the tacks and then to align them I used the betterley straight line connector, it works awesome and after every cut I made I would put it back onto the tracks before moving them to keep them from moving out of alignment. I had a third track for crosscuts while having two joined together, would probably still work out cheaper than buying a long festool track which the Dewalt saws work on, now I have the makita 36v track saw and do the same thing with the short tracks

On 8/26/2018 at 4:38 PM, Paddy said:

I had a third track for crosscuts while having two joined together, would probably still work out cheaper than buying a long festool track which the Dewalt saws work on, now I have the makita 36v track saw and do the same thing with the short tracks

The 8'ish guide rail Festool has is around $300. Makita's is just as much. DeWALT's is closer to $100.