New tool spotted! DCL074 ALL-PURPOSE LIGHT

Mattias Blomqvist

Copied from official SBD document:

Operational Description of the DCL074

The DCL074 area light is a battery-powered work light with multiple mounting options. Besides floor or
tabletop use, the light can be hung from the built-in hook or the hanging insert for a separate cord or it
can be mounted on a tripod. The light can be controlled via the keypad or Bluetooth wireless control
using the DeWalt Tool Connect app on a device. The radio is Bluetooth 4.0 and it is BLE only.

Sounds like it has built in radio...

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Awesome find. Thanks.. looks like a Milwaukee with handles....but glad to have another choice...I'm waiting for the M12 rocket...
You're welcome! I Hope they will come out with a model like the Bosch GLI18V-1900 or the Ryobi P720 later on too, then I would be satisfied with the work light arsenal. Don't you prefer the Dewalt DCL079 over the M12 rocket (I know your blood runs yellow)? [emoji16]

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Mattias Blomqvist of course I'm team dewalt, being a framer....I have the dewalt "rocket" it works great, love it for night work.and early mornings.but it's large to store ...and not duel power.

Dewalt has some new lights coming, we don't use " area lights" they suck..gotta be tripod....

As you know, dewalt has no 12v line really, so I'm in M12 and Bosch 10.8...the compact size of M12 drill and impact to have hanging off my tool belt is great...we use SS screws for all exterior trim...

The M12 rocket is perfect to store under the back seat and especially useful being ..Duel Power.......

I wish SBD would release more Dewalt cordless tools instead of 1200 craftsman tools....

• Like 2

On 8/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, Framer joe said:

I wish SBD would release more Dewalt cordless tools instead of 1200 craftsman tools....

Seemed like half of the "New" Craftsman tools are just recolors, slight design tweaks, and sticker changes of tools SB&D already had.