Makita Miter Saw

Fireguy116

I agree that the Makita should ship these saws with the blade parallel, but this is the only saw I have ever owned that the rails can be adjusted.

I have this issue on my new LS1219L saw I bought today (June 2020) - I was hoping they'd have figured this out by now. Cuts perfectly square if I don't slide, but sliding it against a square, it shifts left by 1/32". It's messing up my cuts - really disappointing!

There's no documented way to adjust this in the user manual. Has anyone actually found info on how to adjust this? Else I'll have to return it, sigh.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Hi I was just doing a search for issues with the rails on this saw because I just returned my saw and got a replacement with the same problem! Figured it must be twisted rails. Both saws when adjusted square to fence showed Close to 1/16” overlap to left when saw is extended. 
is there a fix? 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I need to say my XSL06 is a beast. It's so smooth. Cuts like butter. Power is amazing for a cordless. It came square straight out of the box. Rails were in alignment and blade parallel to rails. Im ocd so I sanded the work area table lightly to make it perfect. I am aware of the detent issue so I operate with the override on and once I'm at the desired angle I release the pin instead of slamming it in. It's $14 for a new detent plate so it's really not an issue. A guy on yt had a guy make the detent plate in stainless steel and has a video with a link to buy one. The dust collection is insanely good. In my opinion better than kapex. I love this saw. I've had dewalt, Hitachi, milwaukee and before all of those manufacturers were even companies I had an old craftsmen saw that I bought in the 70's. Solid steel saw. Lasted until the late 90's and I gave it to my son and he still has it and uses it still to this day. That was a great saw but weighed every bit of 75-80lbs. I've had my makita for 2 1/2 years now and it has been great. Took a bit to get used to the crown stops but now that I figured them out all is well. I haven't had to make any adjustments (knocking on wood) yet and I take this saw from job to job. It's been a great saw with great batteries that last all day. I never run dead ever. When batteries have a full charge to start the day they last all day with constant cutting. The bevel feature is awkward to use at first but once used to it you will have no issues and it won't slow you down. I rarely use bevel anyhow. Cutting flat is weird to me. I have the saw on a delta stand and it kicks ass. When my dewalt kicks the bucket I'll buy another makita to replace it. Cordless feature is great and makes for a better day when not tripping on cords all day. I ask my crew leader at least once a week about the dewalt because I'm anxious to replace it. When all my guys are on my job site they love using the makita and keep asking when I'm getting them one. That's huge for me. I have 3 guys working for me and all 3 like it better than the DWS730. I'm sold. I bought mine on sale for $500 usd. It was a great deal. The price is hovering around 750 right now so I'll try to be patient and wait for Amazon or HD to have a sale on it or the xsl04 preferably. The saw is worth it at that price. Even if I had to adjust it for and hour or so it beats 1500 for the competitions.