Interesting!

HiltiWpg

23 hours ago, Bremon said:

Pretty odd that one of his major complaints was the colour of the plastic not being the “correct red”. Must be a decent chainsaw if all you can complain about is the shade of the dye and that you can rip a tiny wire apart if you tear the thing down for your drooling fans.

Also, red is one of the hardest colors to get right in pretty much any material...hence why "Trueview" exists. Red is the longest (light) wavelength of any color which effects how our eyes and a camera sees it.

Red is the longest wavelength we can see actually. Not necessarily refuting anything else you’re suggesting though. That said, personally I’d think it’s less anything to do with manufacturing difficulty and more a conscious marketing decision so they visually pop out more.

1 hour ago, ToolBane said:

Red is the longest wavelength we can see actually. Not necessarily refuting anything else you’re suggesting though. That said, personally I’d think it’s less anything to do with manufacturing difficulty and more a conscious marketing decision so they visually pop out more.

You're right about the wavelength, I don't know why I typed shortest.

I don't think its a conscious decision(though not saying you're wrong), I think it''s just a different company making those shells. You see this a lot where companies have trouble meeting colors in plastics and dyed materials like leather. Milwaukee seems rather lax with their colors, you see variations from their tool bags to their power tools to their hand tools. Some companies are extremely strict with their colors, Milwaukee seems to let little variations slide...maybe a result of the speed they bring products to market?

Example(Don't have any Milwaukee pliers to compare side by side):

milwaukee+m12+hammer+drill+gen+1+vs+gen+

Milwaukee-Mini-Flush-Cutters.jpg

Different lighting but it looks (to my eye and computer monitor) what they look like in-store.

• Like 1