Ryobi 26cc 2 Stroke RLT26CDSN Trimmer No Longer Starting

Hi there,

I purchased a Ryobi 26cc 2 Stroke RLT26CDSN line trimmer in 2015 from our local Bunnings Warehouse (Australia).

It has worked ok until I had it sitting on a stool outside while fixing the line. The trimmer fell onto the path, probably half a meter.

I haven't been able to start it since. A couple of times it has almost started and then nothing.

I've changed the spark plug, cleaned the air filter, fixed a potentially flooded engine, and after days of trying these things just emptied the leftover fuel and gave up.

Could the fall have broken something like the magneto or is this just a cheap piece of rubbish that is not worth spending money on to fix? Most reviews are 1 star.

Thanks

I don't know the quality of Ryobi where you live but at least in the United States I was not impressed. I attempted to use a gas Ryobi trimmer once because the other gas trimmer I used was elsewhere. The Ryobi sprayed fuel in my face. I decided nope and drove 5 mins to get our other work trimmer that actually worked. Maybe I just had a dud or maybe it was an age of the tool thing. If yours worked for you then it might be worth fixing. If a minor issue then maybe it would be fine to fix but if it is a major problem then I would rather spend the extra money for a higher quality trimmer. If possible I would go battery power myself.

• 6 months later...