method

Dewalt Flexvolt DCS690 mini cut off saw

Finally found a store who stocks this and picked it up yesterday. Awesome, handy little tool for anyone looking at purchasing. Needs 12.0ah batteries though but it runs well and has decent run time with the 9's. I haven't used it much but it feels less torquey than the cordless 9" Metabo grinder, I find that when the grinder is at full speed it feels more powerful when cutting. The Dewalt is much more comfortable to hold when chopping and wall sawing even though the Metabo has the 3 position handle and rotating arm. The brake is super fast and it actually feels quite well built. I just wish the guard was able to be positioned like a normal demo saw (just pull or push into desired position as opposed to 5 fixed positions). It seems to have a safety mechanism (not sure if mechanical or electronic?) but I had a tungsten circular saw blade on it for part of the day whilst cutting timber and when it jammed it cut the power instantly which was nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How does it work on cutting concrete? We demo/modify a lot of “ 4” “ housekeeping pads (meaning 2x4 forms) in hospitals where noise, gas/diesel, propane, and tie-ins for 220 or 480V just aren’t worth it. I have been considering getting one of these but my supers are CONVINCED that there’s no way it’ll handle cutting HK pads. (Keep in mind they’re makita fans.... working on that!)

I cut brickwork today and it cut better than I expected. I had to cut both sides as it's approx 20mm short of cutting through a full face brick. Not a problem though as it breezed through the back cut. I'd say it will cut those no worries at all. As with all cordless/light electric tools you really need to let the tool do the work unlike high wattage corded or gas powered tools where you can really push them. If a housekeeping pad is what I think it is, it should cut it like butter. I'd recommend several 9ah batteries for it though.