ToughSystem Trailer BuildOut

JakeDewalt

Just Purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer and plan to outfit the trailer with 2 tall van racking systems with multiple boxes as well as locations for mitersaw on  rolling stand, table saw on rolling stand. Air Lines,compressor,nail guns, tools , etc.

Just wanted to check with the community on a few things before I begin to start purchasing and will update this post as the build goes along.

1. Where/how should I purchase the toughsystem to recieve the best price? 

2. Anybody have a trailer/van setup have good products or ideas that work well for them (pics please)

Any and All information is much appreciated 

23B62776-68D2-40C7-BB29-70659FCD6DDF.png

• Like 3

Jake, reach out to @overanalyze about this. He has a pretty sweet set up and Andrew is a great guy who might give you some good insight. He manufactured how own brackets for the work truck they use too. Also congratulations on that trailer, it looks sweet. Any chance you’ll post some pics of the unit itself. I have been thinking about getting one in the next year or so.

• Like 1

I only have two racks installed in my 6x12 thus far for a few months as I slowly plan to expand to at least 4 rows by years end. After seeing the price difference I said screw the van system and went for the wall instead that came with the "free" organizer. Thus far no issues at all and I have a few bins loaded up quite heavy. 

I'll try to remember to snap some pics. 

Amazon is the best price for the high rack. Did you check to make sure the high rack will fit or will you need to go with the low rack?

I think Tough System boxes are a good idea for a trailer. The van rack paired with the ds carrier cart would seem like a very good idea to me. Probably one of the better options for organization in a trailer. Would the cart be small enough to hang on the side door? I don't feel as though loose small tools or blow mold cases are very good for organization in a trailer my opinion. I would also utilize the space on the ceiling for storing longer items like track saw guide rails. I like adjustable storage because as your tool/storage needs change you can easily change the storage.

Post your work truck/van thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=106420&share_tid=17364&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Econtractortalk%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D17364&share_type=t

Tons of trailer builds on Contractortalk.

Ron Paulk seems to be the gold standard for remodelers. You can find him on YouTube.

Acme tools seems to consistently have the best prices on Tstak, And I think their tough system prices are comparable to anybody else’s. They have frequent sales.

If you have a Dewalt service center near you, that might be a good place to go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@JakeDewalt Nice setup. Do you wish you went with the van rack or has the wall rack been just fine?

Actually very happy I went with the Workshop Style. Best price definitely and the bars cleared the ceiling by a few inches didn’t have to modify anything.

Shout out to @Hugh Jass i took your word for it and am very happy with the decision

Im now looking into add the Toughsystem box with the drawers and the 4 port fast charger so we can charge batteries overnight in the trailer and keep a good battery inventory. As well as adding some of those 3D molded battery pack holders I’ve found them ranging from 7-14 dollars a piece 

• Thanks 1

Jake, that looks awesome. Being a woodworker non pro stay at home lazy dude, I might make some racks in my shop for the smoking deal I posted for the ToughSystem boxes a couple of weeks ago. I’m putting two in my Charger to carry emergency equipment and gun supplies but I already have several I use in the shop that don’t have a permanent place. Thanks for posting I really like the set up!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Jake, that looks awesome. Being a woodworker non pro stay at home lazy dude, I might make some racks in my shop for the smoking deal I posted for the ToughSystem boxes a couple of weeks ago. I’m putting two in my Charger to carry emergency equipment and gun supplies but I already have several I use in the shop that don’t have a permanent place. Thanks for posting I really like the set up!

There is a combo kit of sorts that includes the workshop rack and 5 or so boxes. If you are looking to get a lot of tough system this might be an option because you save a bit of cash. There is also a couple other combos for the carts as well.

14 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

Im now looking into add the Toughsystem box with the drawers and the 4 port fast charger

I preordered a couple drawer units and have yet to receive them. They must be pretty popular or else DeWALT is having a hard time creating inventory. I can't wait to use them. They will be so handy for small items like my hand tools.

I have thought about getting the 4 port fast charger. I have contemplated selling some of my other fast chargers to make up for the $200 price tag.

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

I preordered a couple drawer units and have yet to receive them. They must be pretty popular or else DeWALT is having a hard time creating inventory. I can't wait to use them. They will be so handy for small items like my hand tools.

I have thought about getting the 4 port fast charger. I have contemplated selling some of my other fast chargers to make up for the $200 price tag.

Yeah can’t seem to get drawer units either

Acme tool has them in stock with a special price if you buy 2. $18 off if I remember right if you buy 2. Also with the YELLOW promo code you could add a bit more DeWALT to your order to make the total reach a certain amount and you could get some more money off. Not sure if the 2 drawer deal is compatible with the yellow deal or not. I contacted them today to see if they are going to ship out my two soon. They haven't gotten back to me yet.