JakeDewalt

ToughSystem Trailer BuildOut

Just Purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer and plan to outfit the trailer with 2 tall van racking systems with multiple boxes as well as locations for mitersaw on  rolling stand, table saw on rolling stand. Air Lines,compressor,nail guns, tools , etc.

Just wanted to check with the community on a few things before I begin to start purchasing and will update this post as the build goes along.

1. Where/how should I purchase the toughsystem to recieve the best price? 

2. Anybody have a trailer/van setup have good products or ideas that work well for them (pics please)

Any and All information is much appreciated 

23B62776-68D2-40C7-BB29-70659FCD6DDF.png

• Like 3

Jake, reach out to @overanalyze about this. He has a pretty sweet set up and Andrew is a great guy who might give you some good insight. He manufactured how own brackets for the work truck they use too. Also congratulations on that trailer, it looks sweet. Any chance you’ll post some pics of the unit itself. I have been thinking about getting one in the next year or so.

• Like 1

I only have two racks installed in my 6x12 thus far for a few months as I slowly plan to expand to at least 4 rows by years end. After seeing the price difference I said screw the van system and went for the wall instead that came with the "free" organizer. Thus far no issues at all and I have a few bins loaded up quite heavy. 

I'll try to remember to snap some pics. 

Amazon is the best price for the high rack. Did you check to make sure the high rack will fit or will you need to go with the low rack?

I think Tough System boxes are a good idea for a trailer. The van rack paired with the ds carrier cart would seem like a very good idea to me. Probably one of the better options for organization in a trailer. Would the cart be small enough to hang on the side door? I don't feel as though loose small tools or blow mold cases are very good for organization in a trailer my opinion. I would also utilize the space on the ceiling for storing longer items like track saw guide rails. I like adjustable storage because as your tool/storage needs change you can easily change the storage.

Post your work truck/van thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=106420&share_tid=17364&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Econtractortalk%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D17364&share_type=t

Tons of trailer builds on Contractortalk.

Ron Paulk seems to be the gold standard for remodelers. You can find him on YouTube.

Acme tools seems to consistently have the best prices on Tstak, And I think their tough system prices are comparable to anybody else’s. They have frequent sales.

If you have a Dewalt service center near you, that might be a good place to go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tag@chrisk! Here is our 18' trailer. And here is a link to our van. Love the ToughSystem boxes!!

da43beded3257dce4434afae4e769fb3.jpgcb57c465790d076f378be47a1e8d55fd.jpg2e9ec15185d7d1348a63a65ecd8896ea.jpg
  • Like 2