ToughSystem Trailer BuildOut

JakeDewalt

Oh nice. The tote is another thing I was interested in getting. It would beat using carboard boxes to carry around loose items. My boss likes them but they are almost always falling appart and if cleaner or something is leaking, it is only a matter of time before the box no longer is blocking the leak. 

The totes are great for storing job specific hardware and small items that you want to keep track of rather than getting pat in a pile of Home Depot bags. They are also nice for cleaning up at the end of the day when you’re running behind and don’t want to put everything away where it goes, but not scatter it everywhere either. Just stay on top of cleaning them out every so often so they don’t turn into permanent junk drawers. 

Nice job job with the tough system boxes. That type of organization is really nice for keeping accessories with tools, and less commonly used tools. For stuff like drills, impacts, screwdrivers, tape measures, etc, I’ve found the rolling mechanic style toolboxes work really well. Pull out the drawer and grab what you need. 

As as far as securing the bigger tools to the wall, look into a piece of e- track and the mounting accessories. Straps like these can be permanently attached to the stands at the same height and clicked into the track easily. 

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Cargo-Mall-Tie-Downs-Securement/dp/B016PO7TCG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1545663787&sr=8-7&keywords=E+track+rings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, JakeDewalt said:

FFF04802-01A6-493D-9AE3-97D5284BFD48.jpeg

276510E7-4C82-405D-829A-E8A3258115C7.jpeg

Jake, how has the wall unit (non mobile) rack been holding out for you? It’s been a while now and I just got a Pace 6x12 trailer and am seriously thinking about adding the shop rack myself along with some e tracks. Just curious if it’s holding up and not warping or causing issues for you.  I am planning on adding one rack and then a place for an air compressor and what not. Thanks dude,

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've put mine to the test, loaded heavy, hanging nailers off of them, etc...and they hold up just fine. Nothing bent or warped. Just installed my third row, might eventually do a 4th. 

Thanks dude. And that’s the non mobile unit?

• 2 weeks later...

Toughsystem and T-stak are not compatible. His trailer is Toughsystem. T-stak has one big advantage. It's cheaper (including build quality). As the name implies it's a stacking system as on a cart. Toughsystem can do that but also acts lije a drawer system with the trailer racks or the special dolly so if you need something out of the bottom box no need to remove all the other boxes. Also the seals are better and the boxes are bigger and handle much bigger loads like using them as work benches or a step stool. There are two losers in Toughsystem. The original 2 drawer unit was as sturdy as T-Stak (drawers jam, warp) and the clear top parts bin has a tendency to crack easy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Actually, the Dewalt/Stanley flip-bin case is incompatible with both systems standard.
($24 is a great price btw)

Agreed. I like the “tough cases” which are NOT Toughsystem or T-Stak or flip bin for small parts. I use Toughsystem for larger parts like bolt bins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@Jronman..gen 2 tough system? 

Maybe. I can't give pictures. No idea if they are even coming out or not but it was on a survey I took. Only difference I noticed was design. Features didn't seem any different. It was the 130/150, the 300, and the 450. I am guessing it is trying to compete with the 3 piece rolling kits from the other guys.

• 2 years later...