Flexvolt

CityDecks

I dunno why you’re still in the Dewalt forum if this is how you feel? Enjoy the Hilti forum. Enjoy your tools that cost twice as much for half the productivity. Whatever dude you complained about your batteries, people come on here and give good faith examples of how you can stop damaging your tools like a maroon and your response essentially is ‘my mind is already made up and y’all are wasting your time talking to me.’

I set my chargers on break, switch batts at lunch. I’ve got plenty of batteries to never slow production, and if you want to compare productivity with somebody Framer Joe may have something to say. 
You guys are way too sensitive.n

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The most powerful Hilti charger available here is 350w. I doubt that would charge any high capacity battery in 15 min unless there is a much larger version available where you are? Hilti make quality tools but you do pay a lot more for them because of their service options. There is no single tool company who own the rest.  I have cordless dewalt, husqvarna, paslode, metabo, hilti, milwaukee and AEG as well as corded milwaukee, Bosch, protool, hitachi and makita and im sure ibe forgotten a few. Each tool I buy is best suited at the application I'm using it for regardless of brand. Being on multiple platforms doesn't bother me. We use tools harder than most other contractors. I've burned out 3 hitachi jackhammers in one night on a job once. When I say non stop I mean finger on the trigger under fulll load cutting without stopping until the battery is flat etc.

If you have so many issues with batteries and tools then go for Hilti, they will deliver replacement tools and batteries to your site and service for free for two years here. All of that is built into the price of the tools and if it saves you on down time it's paid for itself within the first two call outs. I've had problems with all of my tools including Hilti (except for my corded makita, protool and cordless husqvarna tools so far).
Good reply. I'll make final decision between all Hilti or all Maki onxe I get my hands on new saw. My OCD will never allow me to have more then 1 platform. Not sure what model the charger is but fast and humms like a jet. It's impossible to drain there batteries before other is fully charged.
Are you in USA?

Good reply. I'll make final decision between all Hilti or all Maki onxe I get my hands on new saw. My OCD will never allow me to have more then 1 platform. Not sure what model the charger is but fast and humms like a jet. It's impossible to drain there batteries before other is fully charged.
Are you in USA?

And yes there service and warranty is top notch.

Didn't even know they had hilti forum. I just posted topic to find out what others are experiencing with flexvolt

I dunno why you’re still in the Dewalt forum if this is how you feel? Enjoy the Hilti forum. Enjoy your tools that cost twice as much for half the productivity. Whatever dude you complained about your batteries, people come on here and give good faith examples of how you can stop damaging your tools like a maroon and your response essentially is ‘my mind is already made up and y’all are wasting your time talking to me.’

I set my chargers on break, switch batts at lunch. I’ve got plenty of batteries to never slow production, and if you want to compare productivity with somebody Framer Joe may have something to say. 

I'll time to be exact charger that is. The fast chargeris right around 15min and standard is right around 30. And there cheap. Less the $40 for standard. Fast charger is about 65-70usd. They have a quad charger but haven't need and too big. I run lean

OCD obsessive compulsive disorder....lol

I guessed that then I thought it was some abbreviation for a boss of some sort over there 😁😁 

Putting weight aside, have you considered using bigger tools which obviously work a lot less than using small light weight tools and running them flat out? 

I don't find weight an issue if the job is getting done easier and quicker. A lot of people disagree with that but the only time weight gets to me is using a demo saw cutting above the waist or using a jackhammer on a wall in which options are limited for both of those applications.

Yes. I have 2- impact wrenches on the list that will be dedicated for (structural screws) Simpson SDS for ledger's and beam. That's where DeWalt burn out over and over. Along being on rooftops cooking all day everyday in the sun. They take forever to charge and need to bring 8-10 batteries. And do the same when Cold. Some days can't get a charge to finish phase / task in hand.

I guessed that then I thought it was some abbreviation for a boss of some sort over there [emoji16][emoji16] 

Putting weight aside, have you considered using bigger tools which obviously work a lot less than using small light weight tools and running them flat out? 

I don't find weight an issue if the job is getting done easier and quicker. A lot of people disagree with that but the only time weight gets to me is using a demo saw cutting above the waist or using a jackhammer on a wall in which options are limited for both of those applications.

That’s funny I’ve done 70’ deck ledgers with 4 Simpson lags in every joist bay, ran them all in with a Dewalt 886 impact driver and it never got past warm. With one 4ah battery. 

Edit:

i suppose the the moral of the story is if you don’t take care of your shit it won’t take care of you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jronman said:

The new/upcoming Bosch charger is a 16 amp charger. Highest amp charger I have seen. My DeWALT chargers do the job. Dual charger to top off the Flexvolt batteries is good enough. Always on the shelf in the garage ready to charge them after work.

16?!?! That’s crazy!

On 10/27/2018 at 8:41 PM, method said:

Sure is! Now that will charge a high capacity batt in no time!

50% capacity in 9 mins for 4.0 slims and 15 mins for 8.0 fat packs.

12 hours ago, dilloncorr said:

And trip all kinds of breakers.... just sayin’

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@dilloncorr DeWALT's new 4 bay fast charger would be 32 amps then. It would trip the breaker no?

Output is 16 amps. Input to the charger is less. Just like Dewalt’s 4 bay output is 8 amps per bay but charger only draws 8 amps total from the wall for all 4 bays combined. The Bosch probably sucks 4 amps out of the wall. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, Babysaw said:

That’s funny I’ve done 70’ deck ledgers with 4 Simpson lags in every joist bay, ran them all in with a Dewalt 886 impact driver and it never got past warm. With one 4ah battery. 

Edit:

i suppose the the moral of the story is if you don’t take care of your shit it won’t take care of you

Yeah I’ve built projects at work with hundreds of 6” screws; got an 887 hot enough to burn skin but never hot enough to make the impact quit. Only Dewalt we’ve ever killed was old brushed trash that was abused. 

Hopefully we can be kept up to date in the Hilti forum when they release new cordless goodies like the new FlexVolt mud mixer, DCD470 FlexVolt super (duper) Hawg, 20v goodies like the new heat gun. But hey; they’re getting a new rear handle years after everyone else so that’s cool. At least Makita is an alternative with a real range (like the updated metal cutting saws, paddle broom attachment for the ope motor unit). 

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

@dilloncorr DeWALT's new 4 bay fast charger would be 32 amps then. It would trip the breaker no?

32 amps is the output not the input. The voltage is already reduced from 120v to 20v at that point so you can push a lot more current without tripping the breaker. 

You have to look at it in terms of power not amps. A 15A breaker will trip when the instantaneous power goes over 120v *15a = 1800 W. If you are charging 20v batteries, it means you got 1800W/20V = 60A avaible not 15A. Of course, this is just an approximation since we are not taking in account the energy loss by the power supply and other stuff, but it gives you an idea of what's possible. The problem is not the current availabe but the heat build up with these high currents. You need some ventilation to clear it out.

• Like 1

@CityDecks...i don't know what brand  would sink that many 6" lags ..200-300 in high heat, Definitely not the 877....maybe bump up to a mid torque wrench or HD impact wrench.....

.....we use t40 flat head 5-7" lags (fastenmaster) into 3 or 4 or -5 ply engineered lumber beams...with the 899...no problems.....

.....I can't see any impact driver doing that for long... gotta be an impact wrench......love to know how it works out for you...

Hilti impact wrenches are old and ' meh ' tho [emoji14]

There is nothing Meh about it!

Especially for $280 CAD.

https://www.hilti.ca/cordless-systems/cordless-impact-drivers-and-wrenches/r4265

https://www.hilti.ca/cordless-systems/cordless-impact-drivers-and-wrenches/r4659308

(I know they are half the power of the Makita brushless, sarcasm obviously.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Hilti impact wrenches are old and ' meh ' tho 😛

What are you talking about "old" it says right on it that it's new.  It's a SIW 22T-A and it used to be a SIW 18T-A haha.  I'm sure it's a fine tool just pretty big in size and weight for the torque it puts out.