Flexvolt

CityDecks

It's the big 22v 5.3 Batteries my fast charger is dead due to rain b

You've probably got a bad Hilti battery. 

One of my new 3.0ah Hitachi batteries charges from flat to full in only 5 minutes! 

Hitachi have very fast fan cooled chargers, but I'm going to use common sense here. It's a bad battery. It likely ran too flat while in storage. I've had the same happen with individual 18650 cells I use for flashlights. 

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

There is no way a 4A charger will do a 5.2A battery in less than half it's rated time. Even if you use 100% efficiency in your calculations it is still well over an hour until full charge. My flexvolt 6/2 charge in less than an hour. Something is wrong with your batteries and/or chargers. 

Hilti is good quality, but if it was "that" much better to the point the batteries last twice as long, chargers charge twice as fast and tools are cool while others are smoking I'm pretty certain the other brands would fail to succeed. These days even a ryobi home use tool wouldn't even perform that poorly against a well know commercial branded tool. The build quality of Hilti is exceptional but their batteries, motors and chargers aren't twice as good as the competitors at the same level.

• Like 3

Hilti uses Panasonic batteries and hands down makes the best batteries. Period. Don't Know about ratings and physics. I know what I know and it took 35min +/-. I

There is no way a 4A charger will do a 5.2A battery in less than half it's rated time. Even if you use 100% efficiency in your calculations it is still well over an hour until full charge. My flexvolt 6/2 charge in less than an hour. Something is wrong with your batteries and/or chargers. 

Hilti is good quality, but if it was "that" much better to the point the batteries last twice as long, chargers charge twice as fast and tools are cool while others are smoking I'm pretty certain the other brands would fail to succeed. These days even a ryobi home use tool wouldn't even perform that poorly against a well know commercial branded tool. The build quality of Hilti is exceptional but their batteries, motors and chargers aren't twice as good as the competitors at the same level.

Garuntee there way better then dewalt.

I don't see what could be wrong here? Hilt charges 5.2 in about 35 min with standard charger in out I posted. Dewalt is never less then an HR regardless of 5.0 or 6.0 or even 9. 0 for that matter. I have them all. Makita is a flat 45 min.

Hilti uses Panasonic batteries and hands down makes the best batteries. Period. Don't Know about ratings and physics. I know what I know and it took 35min +/-. I

Z

Here's the sheet. My Hilti package just arrived. Charger 350watt 9/amp. b4ac4b34c8403dcb258b6640570e6bbe.jpg

So a 6ah Hilti battery still takes over 40 minutes to charge with the 350w charger. This isn't much quicker at all than a dewalt fast charger, metabo asx ultra or husky qc330 for example. The qc330 charges my BLi300 (9.4ah) in just under an hour and a half. Your batteries are of small capacity if they are charging so quickly and you are getting the benefit of extra Wh by using 36v tools as opposed to 18v tools.  Let us know how the new kit works out!

The only 36v I have is there new 7 1/4" Lefty sirc Saw. Rest is 22+5.6. the speed is still good accross the board.

So a 6ah Hilti battery still takes over 40 minutes to charge with the 350w charger. This isn't much quicker at all than a dewalt fast charger, metabo asx ultra or husky qc330 for example. The qc330 charges my BLi300 (9.4ah) in just under an hour and a half. Your batteries are of small capacity if they are charging so quickly and you are getting the benefit of extra Wh by using 36v tools as opposed to 18v tools.  Let us know how the new kit works out!

Just curious. How long does it take you to charge flexvolt 6 and 9 amp. Here in us mine were never less then an HR and hit days 90-95f+ they would 90min +/-. Vrs 40min hot or Cold always spot on.

The only 36v I have is there new 7 1/4" Lefty sirc Saw. Rest is 22+5.6. the speed is still good accross the board.

If one of my guys is waiting for a battery to charge then I have not done my job correctly. 

Purchase enough batteries to last an  entire day in less you are a DIY type then you’re a business doing this for a living so make an investment in yourself and your company 

you dont come come here for a solution you come here to batter a product or brand 

You guys are ridiculous. What are you talking about.

If one of my guys is waiting for a battery to charge then I have not done my job correctly. 

Purchase enough batteries to last an  entire day in less you are a DIY type then you’re a business doing this for a living so make an investment in yourself and your company 

you dont come come here for a solution you come here to batter a product or brand 

DIY?

Pretty sure CD has forgotten more about building decks on the top of high rise buildings than anyone here will ever know.

The only thing I’m curious about is why he is asking on this forum instead of CT. Way too many fanboys here that don’t use tools for a living.

Sounds like he’s been soured on Dewalt and wanted real world feedback. People with voltmeters and specs may not be the most qualified to give it.

Tools and batteries in the weather act differently than tools that live in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Mordekyle said:

DIY?

Pretty sure CD has forgotten more about building decks on the top of high rise buildings than anyone here will ever know.

The only thing I’m curious about is why he is asking on this forum instead of CT. Way too many fanboys here that don’t use tools for a living.

Sounds like he’s been soured on Dewalt and wanted real world feedback. People with voltmeters and specs may not be the most qualified to give it.

Tools and batteries in the weather act differently than tools that live in the garage.

Didn’t say he was DIY in fact I assume he is professional 

Happy for him in his Knowledge 

?FanBoys? Grow up it’s a forum

Real world feedback. I couldn’t name a brand seen more in the USA on Jobsites

Not many people in the Garage are in the market for cordless tools and definitely aren’t worried about high amp/hr Batteries.

@CITY DECKS INC Happy for you no matter what brand you choose and we would love to hear input on your new Hilti tools

E33C01D5-529E-4823-8DB8-5B5D9938857F.png

• Like 1

I completely flattened a 9.0 earlier today, it wouldn't even light the torch. It took approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes give or take a maximum of 5 minutes to fully charge. The battery was cold to the touch as soon as I took it off the charger. I'll time a 6.0 in the next few days but I know they are definitely under an hour until full charge.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:21 PM, Mordekyle said:

DIY?

Count me in as a fanboy who doesn’t use tools for a living. I guess being I’ve been in the forum as long as I have been, I’m used to everyone being on the same page as far as experience, training, love of all things tools etc...

I would point out that those “fanboys” make up the majority of the forum...which by the way is titled “Tools in Action” and is quite honestly made up of “fanboys” from all walks of life who like tools. 

On another note, I’ve been watching / reading this posting as a “fanboy” who doesn’t use tools for a living and have been reading a lot of polarized views from some members. Let’s keep it friendly and professional. You know....so us “fanboys” don’t feel too nervous about posting here. I guess that is why I Mod. I don’t really know how to use the tools, just a lot of the the specs....

• Thanks 2

Haha,

I am somewhat of a fanboy myself, due to the fact that Dewalt makes a cordless tool for everything I do as a contractor.

But I also realize that Milwaukee, Makita, and Hilti make great tools as well. I won’t talk bad about any brand or their specs. Except for Ryobi weedeaters. But those aren’t real tools.

I guess what I was trying to communicate is that city decks was looking for advice In a place that seems to be polarized and somewhat fixated on the nuances of the latest offerings, runtimes, and battery cells and where many members would be happy to have a half dozen battery platforms.

I think most contractors are best served by sticking to one basic (battery) platform and augmenting as they need, hence his (former) loyalty to Dewalt and his new interest in Hilti.

“Fanboy” wouldn’t be the smartest name to throw at DIY guys anyway. I mean if we were to really stop and ask who are the best examples of fanboyism on the board, probably no one’s minds just went to any of the DIY people around here.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I do get that people who use the same tools several hours a day on jobs for months on end will eventually find more idiosyncrasies with any given tool than I will meandering on my little domestic projects every few months, drilling a hole here, cutting a board there, sipping my lattes and diagramming how I should go about taking each next step. I’m a layperson doing these things on my free time at whatever pace I want, and that’s simply a very different dynamic than having to rush jobs all the time trying to hit deadlines and such. It is what it is.

“Fanboy” wouldn’t be the smartest name to throw at DIY guys anyway. I mean if we were to really stop and ask who are the best examples of fanboyism on the board, probably no one’s minds just went to any of the DIY people around here.

True, the people that use the tools are probably better described as the fanboys. I admit I am, but I don’t bash. My (one)battery platform offers all I need and performs well.

Maybe “toolgeek” would be a better descriptor of many posters on here?

I’m not trying to troll. I just see entire threads dedicated to subtle nuances that people who use tools for a living rarely see the need to discuss. It’s curious to me.

Lol well no need for other names. I mean “fanboys” just means those who are exuberant about their tribal choices to a point that is immature, which tends to mean they can be naive, annoying, easily taken advantage of by their “tribe”, and irrationally opposed to anything other than their tribe. That could be anyone, but infrequent users are less likely to have had time to develop much fanboyism. Same time being full-time employed using power tools doesn’t make anyone a fanboy either, and merely developing preferences also isn’t fanboyism. Some products are better than others. Sometimes one is better here but not there. No biggie as long as people are fair and objective about it.