Sign in to follow this  
CityDecks

Batteries

Hey guys. I'm dumping DeWalt and on the wall about going all Maki or all Hilti.

Does Maki have hassle's with batteries in the heat or Cold like DeWalt?

Overall Price wise not much more to go with Hilti. Maki just has silly blow out packages were they practically give batteries away like the Home Depot Black Friday coming soon.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

CT may be a better place to ask.

Lots more full time/ heavy duty users there with real world experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like Makita but I haven't had much use with anything of theirs. I wouldn't mind getting some Makita because they make some nice stuff and even some stuff other brands don't have that I wouldn't mind trying. I haven't heard many people if any who don't like Makita apart from those who are super fans of their favorite brand and wouldn't be caught using anything else.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:02 AM, CityDecks said:

Hey guys. I'm dumping DeWalt and on the wall about going all Maki or all Hilti.

Does Maki have hassle's with batteries in the heat or Cold like DeWalt?

Overall Price wise not much more to go with Hilti. Maki just has silly blow out packages were they practically give batteries away like the Home Depot Black Friday coming soon.

It not the batteries that not perform in cold but the tool itself and all metal gears inside top Makita tools. Keep the tools + temperature insulated compartment when not in use overnight. Li-Ion does not recognise cold but would die when frequently overheats.   

3 hours ago, Ned said:

It not the batteries that not perform in cold but the tool itself and all metal gears inside top Makita tools. Keep the tools + temperature insulated compartment when not in use overnight. Li-Ion does not recognise cold but would die when frequently overheats.   

You're not being serious are you?😂

Some brands put a (somewhere near) -15deg cut off switch on batteries to stop them from delivering power beyond that.

Although most people are unlikely to see -40, at the temperature lithium batteries stop working completely.

https://www.toolstop.co.uk/blog/lithium-ion-batteries-and-winter-how-to-keep-working-in-the-cold/

what are a home owner....

You're not being serious are you?

Some brands put a (somewhere near) -15deg cut off switch on batteries to stop them from delivering power beyond that.

Although most people are unlikely to see -40, at the temperature lithium batteries stop working completely.

https://www.toolstop.co.uk/blog/lithium-ion-batteries-and-winter-how-to-keep-working-in-the-cold/