Woodpecker Slab Flattening Mill

Jronman

What do you guys think about slab flattening mills? Would you make your own or find one available to buy? I recently got word of Woodpeckers coming out with a slab flattening mill and had some interest in the product. I have had interest in having a slab flattening mill some time ago when I received a a router from my uncle but it kinda went to the back of my mind.  Here is a link to the product for those interested. https://www.woodpeck.com/shop-by-brands/woodpeckers/woodpeckers-slab-flattening-mill.html

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the woodpecker pricing is just ridiculous IMO and I buy Starrett and festool :) .  It would have to get an awful lot of use to justify that price.  I would just make my own if needed.

At work we recently used a lot of Aluminum extrusions on a build. There is a ton of hardware available right off the shelf, even rollers are available, its just like putting together a giant erector set.  Thats if you wanted to make a nice one.

There are a lot of down and dirty builds on youtube that would work fine as well.

Just stay away from steel stock as it tends to not be very true.