Heat Gun Makita HG651C - Type of thermocouple installed

Sankalp Patil

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Could anyone let me know what kind of thermocouple is in the heat gun by Makita HG651C?

Thanks in advance

Sankalp Patil
I really doubt it is a thermocouple. They require a mess of electronics to function and would serve no purpose in a heat gun. It is unlikely to be a thermistor, either. What you probably have is a thermal fuse, quite common in heating devices, like heat guns and coffee pots. They are in there in case the device overheats. The temp it pops at should be on the fuse. It is probably in °C. They are generic electronic items available from distributors like Digikey or Mouser but it might be less trouble to get it from Makita, especially if you cannot read the value on the old one. The original may be spot welded but replacements usually come with barrel crimps. Solder would melt. Leave enough of the old leads so you can crimp on the replacement. One size does not fit all. Get the right temp. fuse for your gun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like that tool is constructed with one of nine possible specific heating elements to attain the desired temperature output, also dependent upon the input line voltage.

Please post an image showing the problematic part.

https://www.gepdepo.hu/upload_files/products_documents/robbantott_abra_HG551VK.pdf