No extended warranty on nail guns anymore (Ireland)

Turner85

I just sent 2 dcn 660s back to my tool supplier only 1 month short of 3 years old. Neither gun working ,suspected worn driver assemblies and both are covered under warranty. I am in Australia and was surprised by this as I thought it would be classed as wear and tear.

Few framers I know keep telling me that Dewalt cordless framing guns keep breaking a spring every 10,000 nails or so. They've switched back to Paslode, and one of them is "trying out" a single Hitachi cordless gun.

Every finish nailer I use needs a driver assembly every 50-60,000 nails.  Seems reasonable to me, can't expect any nail gun to last forever without maintenance.  The triggers also get finicky but I clean them with electric cleaner and put some dielectric grease in.  Haven't had one have a problem after that. 

I'm sure a lot of guns go back for warranty because of these issues.  I can't wait for DeWalt to replace them so I just fix them myself.  The trigger is an easy and cheap fix and drive blades are just a wear item.

18 hours ago, Jimfish said:

I just sent 2 dcn 660s back to my tool supplier only 1 month short of 3 years old. Neither gun working ,suspected worn driver assemblies and both are covered under warranty. I am in Australia and was surprised by this as I thought it would be classed as wear and tear.

My older ones are still under 3 year warranty. They must have stopped it not too long ago.