DCS334B Jigsaw thoughts

BMack37

Thanks to TiA, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the DCS334B jigsaw in their giveaway. I received the jigsaw, a 5Ah battery and the Dewalt fast charger. I was NOT asked to do a review, I was NOT asked to say something nice. They sent it to me and said "Enjoy!" but I feel disclosure is a good thing.

I am a Milwaukee guy, this is my first Dewalt tool besides an old Dewalt 18v drill I was given. I have the M18 brushed jigsaw but I did take a look at the M18 Fuel jigsaw before making this post. I cannot and will not comment on using the M18 Fuel but we know from seeing videos online that the Dewalt is smoother, less vibration.

Things I like over the Milwaukee:

-Two LED lights on either side of the blade. Milwaukee's brushed has no LEDs, the Fuel has one LED.

-The guard is a simple bar instead of an enclosed plastic piece, this gets dirty and I always ended up taking it off (Same kind of guard on the Fuel).

-The blade change. Dewalt's is soooo much better, it has a large lever that pushes the locking mechanism out. Milwaukee's twists(both versions), on the brushed version this would sometimes lead to the blade turning in the lock, then you'd have to pull it out, push it in hard and try again.

Things I dislike over the Milwaukee:

-The splinter guard. The Dewalt's is loosely held and flops around a little, the Milwaukee's is held in firmly.

-Dust extraction. Dewalt's is a separate purchase, Milwaukee's is included.

The Dewalt is also very quiet, plenty powerful and has very little vibration. I cannot compare these to the Fuel counterpart so I recommend taking a look at some of the videos.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Boy I’d buy that thing corded all day! I have t heard anything though, have you heard of a cordless version?

With the recent Metabo battery initiative I wouldn't be surprised. The Mafel track saws use the same batteries as Metabo now.

I have this 334b it's 100% better then the DEWALT 20v brushed..very compact,much more than the Milwaukee or Makita. It is as good as the Bosch but not as good as my Festool cordless...

....smooth, powerful,and made with metal ,( front,levers, housing)not all plastic like the Milwaukee.... Nothing compares to my mafell..

.........having this jigsaw ( bought the barrel grip too, Tool nut) the cordless sander and  cordless router , FINALLY completes my 20v line ,no more cordless Ridgid router.and sander....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

I have this 334b it's 100% better then the DEWALT 20v brushed..very compact,much more than the Milwaukee or Makita. It is as good as the Bosch but not as good as my Festool cordless...

....smooth, powerful,and made with metal ,( front,levers, housing)not all plastic like the Milwaukee.... Nothing compares to my mafell..

.........having this jigsaw ( bought the barrel grip too, Tool nut) the cordless sander and  cordless router , FINALLY completes my 20v line ,no more cordless Ridgid router.and sander....

Jealous

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Brian, what are your thoughts on the body? It looks like in the pictures at least, that the Dewalt is closer to the work piece over the Milwaukee? I am in the market for a cordless saw and these are my choices..

I would say you're right but I haven't had this next to the Fuel. The Fuel is bigger overall, the Dewalt feels small by comparison...I'd imagine that it's going to be the typical Milwaukee big but loud and powerful. Though this jigsaw is small, it's plenty powerful. It's ergonomics are great and it's very easy to control, I honestly didn't think a jigsaw could be this smooth.

This saw almost feels like the older corded jigsaws in size and weight but more powerful. I don't know why you'd need more power, if you do, you're probably using the wrong tool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...