New battery charger

K0rN b4LL

I have a Milwaukee drill that belonged to my dad before he passed and after moving a few months ago I seem to have lost the battery charger.  Can anyone tell me what kind of charger I need for the batteries?

Also if I remember right the last time I tried to use it the batteries barely held a charge.   Is there any way to get them repaired/restored/ect. or do I gotta get new ones?

20181118_154201.thumb.jpg.4f3acb45d9846eae985a611f839f5a79.jpg20181202_224141.thumb.jpg.9abb3595e2e997af43060ff3514d740e.jpg

13 hours ago, K0rN b4LL said:

Does that do something or are you saying to just forget them?

I'm not saying forget them. I'm saying, I wouldn't use them. I'm a bit of a nostalgic guy, I'd save it because it was my Dad's but it's underpowered and obsolete. Even if you rebuild the batteries and find a charger, you're using a tool that isn't very powerful and has no support. You can buy a used modern 12V drill with batteries for under $100 and have access to other tools. You get this going and this is the only tool you'll have to use and the batteries will have to be rebuilt every couple of years.

• Like 1

I’m inclined to agree with Brian dude, because it was your Dad’s keeping it on the wall in the shop is going to inspire great memories and be a reminder. Getting a new 12v you can beat up a that will get the job done will allow you to keep that cool tool looking pretty for a looooooong time.

Cool.  I guess I'll look for a new drill then.  

Btw, I got the charger that Chris posted and put the batteries on it but it wouldn't do anything.  I didn't get any light or charging indicator of any kind.  Do older batteries not work on newer chargers or are the old ones probably completely dead?

32 minutes ago, K0rN b4LL said:

Btw, I got the charger that Chris posted and put the batteries on it but it wouldn't do anything.  I didn't get any light or charging indicator of any kind.  Do older batteries not work on newer chargers or are the old ones probably completely dead?

Displaying the drill has lots of potential. You could build a fancy display case to put the drill in with a plaque saying "in memory of Dad" or "Dads drill" something like that. Might remind you of the good times you had using tools with your dad.

37 minutes ago, K0rN b4LL said:

The cells are gone bro

I'm all for keeping old tools going, but at a certain point you should ask yourself if you want to keep spending money on this old tool.  It's great that you want to use your dad's drill, but $55 on a charger and $35 on a single new battery has you at $90, which is close what you'd pay for a brand new M12 with two batteries and a charger.

By all means, do what works for you.  Just wanted to put this out there to think about.

1 hour ago, khariV said:

I'm all for keeping old tools going, but at a certain point you should ask yourself if you want to keep spending money on this old tool.  It's great that you want to use your dad's drill, but $55 on a charger and $35 on a single new battery has you at $90, which is close what you'd pay for a brand new M12 with two batteries and a charger.

By all means, do what works for you.  Just wanted to put this out there to think about.

One year ago I got this kit with a drill, impact driver, two 1.5Ah batteries, a charger and 6Ah battery for $100 shipped.

xLUgySI.jpg