copperruby

Is there something wrong with my router or am I just not getting it?

Hi! I bought a Handy Toughest Handyman router and cannot figure out how the router bit gets inserted. I've watched many videos, but my router seems to be different. The bit won't just slide into the collet chuck. I've been searching for weeks now on how to get started using this thing. I have a photo album below that explains in more detail what's going on. I hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/L8lXddm

@copperruby looks to me like there is a locking button for the collet. You will have to press and hold the locking button then turn the collet until the button presses in a little bit more. Your collet will be locked and you then will be able to loosen/tighten the collet. I have had tight bits before but sometimes if you unscrew the collet all the way off you will be able to insert the bit a bit easier. I think the bit might just have a tight fit. The collet should be a standard collet. Nothing fancy except the lock button which shouldn't affect how the bit is inserted.