Looking for recommendations on new screwdriver sets

Matty Alou

I've recently discovered Vessel ball grip (220 series) screwdrivers. Absolutely my favourite now, especially the ratchet version (only the ball turns, not the whole handle, and the shaft from below the grey ratchet switch can be removed to use it as a stubby ratchet with 1/4 inch hex bits). All Made in Japan and the Philips is actually JIS. They're great to hold and the ball design allows you to apply a lot of torque when you need it. I suggest trying one out, the P2 is only around $7 USD delivered from Japan on Ebay.

I also have Wiha which are my second choice. 

images (10).jpeg

71U6bS-mT6L._SX425_.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I very much agree with your assment of of the Craftsman Extremes. I baught them on a whim because they were on sale and wound up loving them! I am also a big fan of Wiha soft finish, Werra Kraftform and Witte Maxxpro(although not sure if the Witte are worth the higher price tag when compared to the previously mentioned screwdrivers).

On 6/5/2019 at 5:06 AM, impactsocket said:

Check out the Craftsman Extreme Grip Diamond Tip Screwdrivers. I have tried many different brands over the years but these screwdrivers offer a better fit and grip with fastener, making loosening, tightening, and starting faster and easier.

• 5 months later...