Fitting lots of tools and still fitting two vehicles in the garage...

Moze

...that was the challenge.

Lots of tools with not a lot of space, so had to keep everything as compact as possible. Bought five lateral filing cabinets. They work great for storage (paint, yard chemicals, automotive supplies, work supplies, etc.). I can't think of a better system - for me anyway. My larger tools fit nicely in a row up on top and are easily accessible.The shelf to the left holds the miter saw stand, both blowers, the tripod light, drill, impact, bandsaw, circular saws. The boxes are the large socket set, wall scanner, and other misc items. The tool chest on the right is a husky with a DeWalt label on it. 😇

Both cars still easily fit which was the end goal. Epoxied and flaked the floor over the last few days...hopefully that holds up.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wingless said:

WOW!

Looks great!

12 hours ago, rcarnes911 said:

Dang nice setup

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

very clean setup. nice work.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow! That is awesome!!  That Ryobi vacuum looks to be quite the winner too. Awesome set up, I imagine the work truck is set up similarly?

Thank you. Yeah, the Ryobi vac is pretty decent. If a black and yellow one comes out, I'll replace it, but for now, it serves its purpose.

I've got pics of my van HERE.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rcarnes911 said:

I thought I had a DeWalt problem but you got me easily beat

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

As soon as you embrace it and don't view it as a problem, it becomes much easier to submit lol...

1 hour ago, Mordekyle said:

What is your line of work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign installation

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Very clean, I try to balance function and storage while still fitting the cars in during winter months. Easier said than done sometimes

I have resorted to Tough System wall racks and Systainers for the power tools, casters for the workbench and miter stand, and pre existing shelving/pegboard for everything else to help pack away my shop. It does the job. I wouldn't mind rebuilding/redesigning the preexisting shelving to make them a bit more efficient (and square/not cupped) but I was told I shouldn't.

• Like 1

I have resorted to Tough System wall racks and Systainers for the power tools, casters for the workbench and miter stand, and pre existing shelving/pegboard for everything else to help pack away my shop. It does the job. I wouldn't mind rebuilding/redesigning the preexisting shelving to make them a bit more efficient (and square/not cupped) but I was told I shouldn't.

For me it’s a balance of what can stay out, go in a drawer or go in a case, I hate having to unstack something to get a tool out, even my festools I’ve long considered a different storage system for them, we are talking about moving so I don’t want to go too crazy right now but the less I have to undig the happier I am, if I can get rid of every storage box I’d be very happy, but I’m also a shop guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/9/2019 at 7:46 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I hate having to unstack something to get a tool out, even my festools

That is the main reason I like the wall rack I can grab any box in the stack and don't have to worry about removing other boxes in the stack. Also the Systainer drawers or even a custom drawer setup for boxes would serve a similar function.

• Like 1